Sonic Electronix

Alright guys I really could use some advice. I recently got a rude awakening. I just moved up to MA and the people suck at driving up here (no offense for the locals but ya cant get on a 65 mph highway doing 35). anyway, I had to slam on my brakes on the highway (cuz everyone ahead of me did) and my brakes locked up on me. I nearly hit the person in front.

but it made me remember that I clearly need new brakes (pads and rotors) along with an alignment, balance, and inspection. this and paying my parents back for some of the cash they lent me to help me move, will leave not much cash left for a new amp...in fact, I have to tap into the cash I got for the stetsom. I wanted to start competing this year, but it doesnt look like its gonna happen...AGAIN.

the weight of the XL+box nicely surpasses 250 lbs. kills my gas mileage, makes my already shitty tranny work harder, and clearly has a bad effect on my brakes. all of this I wouldnt give a shit about if I was competing or had a nicely powerful bass amp for it all (the bass makes me happy :shrug:) but now that I dont have the cash for a new one, and need all this work done, it makes all of it just a giant paperweight.

so what do you guys think I should do? the cars gettin fixed no matter what, and so is the cash goin to the parents. but I dont know if its worth keeping all this weight for so long while I save up. so, should I downgrade to like a pair of 10s or a single 12 on 500-1000 while I save up?

Edited by mbdblue

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

just keep what you have and keep working on it, i have 3 lvl 5 18s and ALOT of weight in my little acura, and i have never looked back, maintain your vehicle and it will always perform for you no matter what bro

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

didnt realize how much I typed...heres a short version...

car needs repair, need to pay parents back, doesnt leave enough for a powerful bass amp. without the amp, the XL and box is just like an unnecessary paperweight. should I sell the XL and get a smaller system while I save for a BIG setup? or keep what I got in the car while I save? or sell it all and be without beat while I save?

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

just keep what you have and keep working on it, i have 3 lvl 5 18s and ALOT of weight in my little acura, and i have never looked back, maintain your vehicle and it will always perform for you no matter what bro

true man...maybe Ill rip it out for now and keep it in my place. that way its not in the car serving no purpose but weight.

Explain to your parents that the Bass gods won't be happy if you don't soon supply your holy speaker with it's due power and that the end result could be deadly....

:rofl: nice man. but unfortunately, my parents don't share the same means of worship that I do.

haha you sound like your in the exact situation as me! I had my brakes go out and I owed my parents for a trany fix already, but wanted a new amp :( I had my sub and box already but no amp so I just took it out, saved the gas milage till I got my new amp.

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution

the weight of the XL+box nicely surpasses 250 lbs. kills my gas mileage, makes my already shitty tranny work harder, and clearly has a bad effect on my brakes. all of this I wouldnt give a shit about if I was competing or had a nicely powerful bass amp for it all (the bass makes me happy :shrug:) but now that I dont have the cash for a new one, and need all this work done, it makes all of it just a giant paperweight.

Man I felt the same way when my alt started acting up...since I couldn't listen to the subs I just pulled it all out.

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

DO NOT SELL THE XL!! if you sell it, it will take you even longer for that big setup you are trying to achieve. Just take it out, and find some junk subs to throw in till you get your big amp. never hurts to have extra subs laying around anyways.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

Man I felt the same way when my alt started acting up...since I couldn't listen to the subs I just pulled it all out.

Mayo! hows it goin man? yeah thats what Im thinkin. I gotta go home to get the inspection anyway since the car is registered in NY. So maybe ill take the time to pull out the front seats and console...

DO NOT SELL THE XL!! if you sell it, it will take you even longer for that big setup you are trying to achieve. Just take it out, and find some junk subs to throw in till you get your big amp. never hurts to have extra subs laying around anyways.

true man. but I dont know....im starting to think the 15 is just too oversized for my little ass car. maybe pick up a couple 10s that sound nice daily....then I could save up, build myself a burp box and a nice BIG amp to stick on them for comps....then again, I could keep the XL around and stick it in for comps...decisions.