Second Skin Audio

tuning freq.

Im going to build another box for my 18" lvl 4 on my dc 1k and i wanted to know the diffrence between tuning low or high? whats the benefits of either. Also i listen to rap like e-40 hyphy stuff lil wayne young jeezy etc. what will be the best tuning for my system asof right now my box is tuned at 35hz i want it loud to the ear but i want a little bit of flex as well1 help?

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

35 is a nice tuning spot, can cover most of the spectrum in which subwoofers should hit. higher tuning will yield results in higher numbers on the TL, while lower tuning will move massive amounts of air. tuning high and trying to hit lows will cause unloading, which is dangerous to the woofer. if you have gobs of power and a box tuned low, you could possibly still score very high numbers.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

thanks so tuning higher would only be better to do good numbers on a tl and if i tune low itll move more air? i was thinking about tuning it to 34 or 33hz?

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

17" gold bbs

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

tune to 28 >:] and watch the magic happen

28 isnt that too low but than again i want to see magic haha is it good magic tho?

Build Log

17" gold bbs

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

28 isnt that too low but than again i want to see magic haha is it good magic tho?

well, it'll make you shit bricks.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

go 33 or higher unless you listen to lots of chopped n screwed, which is pretty rare.. the higher it is the louder the high notes are, quite simply... so rock, trance, bla bla bla will be louder... at the same time, rap would not be as clean, and the subs may have to work a bit harder to play the lower tones (which can cause blown subs if one gets absent minded). prefabs are a good example of employing high tuning to fit the average persons music... rock, pop, hits... but with rap it wouldn't sound nearly as good as with a custom box tuned to 33.

personally I love 28-38hz, thats where my subs shine.. they shine the most at 33hz which is what my box is tuned to. and it still sounds good with rock/metal (slight port noise)... after putting dynamat my metal sounded much better too. but at the end of the day my rap songs are still the loudest.

but still, you do have 18s, so you may have to tune it a tad lower than 33.

Edited by dwz

35 is a nice tuning spot, can cover most of the spectrum in which subwoofers should hit. higher tuning will yield results in higher numbers on the TL, while lower tuning will move massive amounts of air. tuning high and trying to hit lows will cause unloading, which is dangerous to the woofer. if you have gobs of power and a box tuned low, you could possibly still score very high numbers.

ive blown 2 subs due to unloading... ^^^^^ this