Sonic Electronix

my two cents for budget builds. go to onlinecarstereo.com and finr yourself some pioneer championships. fucking awesome subs that get low and loud without a lot of power and really nice on the wallet. those subs suck in my opinion, and like kranny said those are some awesome subs out there that are built with quality in mind, but a little out of your range for what youre wanting to do.

do those pioneers, find a nice 2000watt amp and feed those puppies some air!

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Okay, you should put some of your budget aside for an alarm if you don't have one already, it's not fun spending a lot of money and it being stolen later. For a beginner setup, there is a lot of ways to do this. For example, I currently have two 10" Kicker CompVR's in a 3.5 cubic foot ported box, tuned to 38hz paired with a Kenwood KAC-9104D with 900W RMS @ 2-ohms. I also have a hatchback and it's pretty loud, but it could vary for your car. I would suggest you get a four gauge wiring kit for you amp, I like Rockford Fosgate's because they seem reasonably priced for the quality in my opinion. You may be thinking you could be spending a lot of money, but I like to shop at SonicElectronix.com because they are one of the cheapest "name brand" sellers on the internet that I've found.

Edited by Dmo
smdsig-2.jpg

Okay, you should put some of your budget aside for an alarm if you don't have one already, it's not fun spending a lot of money and it being stolen later. For a beginner setup, there is a lot of ways to do this. For example, I currently have two 10" Kicker CompVR's in a 3.5 cubic foot ported box, tuned to 38hz paired with a Kenwood KAC-9104D with 900W RMS @ 2-ohms. I also have a hatchback and it's pretty loud, but it could vary for your car. I would suggest you get a four gauge wiring kit for you amp, I like Rockford Fosgate's because they seem reasonably priced for the quality in my opinion. You may be thinking you could be spending a lot of money, but I like to shop at SonicElectronix.com because they are one of the cheapest "name brand" sellers on the internet that I've found.

So Kicker would be a good brand to start out with? I've also heard that the Alpine Type R's are nice.

Well I'm thinking of getting 2 of these...

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4194_Alpine+SWR-1542D.html#tabs

Good Buy or not? And also if I did buy them, what amp would I need to get with them?

Edited by Hunter Spivey
2repbme.png

my two cents for budget builds. go to onlinecarstereo.com and finr yourself some pioneer championships. fucking awesome subs that get low and loud without a lot of power and really nice on the wallet. those subs suck in my opinion, and like kranny said those are some awesome subs out there that are built with quality in mind, but a little out of your range for what youre wanting to do.

do those pioneers, find a nice 2000watt amp and feed those puppies some air!

And what would the other subs be that would be out of my price range, I could always save up for them.

2repbme.png

before i started building my own boxes i found these guys http://caraudiofactory.com/index.php they make solid boxes and there very reasonable, once you decide on a sub give them a look see they may have something you can use.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

And what would the other subs be that would be out of my price range, I could always save up for them.

i would look at the Rockford punch series subs, the p2's and the p3's are both to be had at a good price also the alpine type r's. some of the r.e. stuff is priced rite, these are all pretty good starter subs.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

Kicker, Alpine, Pioneer, Orion, Rockford Fosgate, and a few other brands have great starter subwoofers, but if possible, learn what each brand is good for. Kenwood makes decent starter amplifiers and some headunits, Alpine is known for having quality products all around (headunits, speakers, amplifiers, subwoofers, the works basically), Rockford Fosgate has outstanding amplifiers, and so forth. Some will disagree, but it's all up to you what want, but stay away from Pyle, Boss, and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head.

smdsig-2.jpg

Okay, I've decided to go with the two 15 alpine type R's. What type of amp should I get two power the subs? I also think I'm going to get a ported box, good choice or no? Would I need to get another battery or something to power the subs, and also what type of wires should I get and how much will they cost?

Thanks again guys, you are a HUGE help!

Link again for the subs-

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4194_Alpine+SWR-1542D.html#tabs

2repbme.png