Infinity Kappas, headroom?

stop talking. the reason they make 2 ohm speakers is because the resistance of the small gauge wire and the long runs of them going to the headunit increase the resistance closer to 4 ohms. HERP DERP MAKES SENSE DOESNT IT. my infinity speakers were not even a tad harsh so i dont know what the hell you are talking about queen sick.

Infinity Kappas are not 2 ohm. I own a pair. They are not bad for the money, but there is better out there for the money. Resorting to name calling is never the answer. You fail.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/speakers/434930-2-ohm-vs-4-ohm-infinity.html

Looks like I'm not the only person who feels this way.

The King.

Infinity Kappas are not 2 ohm. I own a pair. They are not bad for the money, but there is better out there for the money. Resorting to name calling is never the answer. You fail.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/speakers/434930-2-ohm-vs-4-ohm-infinity.html

Looks like I'm not the only person who feels this way.

i have my infinity box RIGHT next to me, it says 2 ohms right on it and measures close to 2 ohms on the DMM.

also post 4 explains 100% what i just said also, and i quote "If I had to guess, I would say the Infinity drivers are 3 ohms nominal and by the time you factor in resistance from 16 to 18 guage speaker wire, you are right at 4 ohms."

they do this to get the most power out of headunits etc.

i have my infinity box RIGHT next to me, it says 2 ohms right on it and measures close to 2 ohms on the DMM.

also post 4 explains 100% what i just said also, and i quote "If I had to guess, I would say the Infinity drivers are 3 ohms nominal and by the time you factor in resistance from 16 to 18 guage speaker wire, you are right at 4 ohms."

they do this to get the most power out of headunits etc.

^^^that.

True Four Ohms— All Reference speakers feature two ohm voice coils. Original factory-installed speaker wiring in many cars is 18-22 gauge. This wire, and heating in the voice coil when power is applied, increase the impedance “seen” by the amplifier or head unit. The impedance of Reference Speakers has been adjusted to compensate for this increase and can be safely driven by any head unit.
Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Straight from there website

True Four Ohms— All Kappa speakers feature two ohm voice coils. Original factory-installed speaker wiring in many cars is 18-22 gauge. This wire, and heating in the voice coil when power is applied, increase the impedance “seen” by the amplifier or head unit. The impedance of Kappa Speakers has been adjusted to compensate for this increase and can be safely driven by any head unit.
A link to their site and my proof of infinity mid bass

The tweeters are harsh compared to some but I like it like that. If anything I may add a 8" just for midbass to gain a little more but honestly the Kappas sound good to me. My brother had some of their reference series and I like the sound of kappas better. Not trying to get off topic just trying to cover all that was said here. I will be running my kappas off of a AQ90.4 which does 90rms @4ohms and 120rms @2ohms I think. I'm planning on the resistance being there to work out perfect and get a solid 90rms. I know there is a user on here running 2 or 3 sets of infinitys and I'm sure on a amplifier but I don't remember who he is cause he would be worth asking about wattage headroom.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I never said Kappas were bad speakers. I OWN A PAIR. They are not 2 ohm. Like I said earlier they are closer to 3 ohm then anything. Overall they are decent for the money. I like speakers to be more on the sharper side then harsh.

Edited by King Zick

The King.

• 2 weeks later...

I never said Kappas were bad speakers. I OWN A PAIR. They are not 2 ohm. Like I said earlier they are closer to 3 ohm then anything. Overall they are decent for the money. I like speakers to be more on the sharper side then harsh.

Measure the DMM leads they have resistance you tard... They are pretty close to 2ohm... My RE XXX6.5 are 2ohm speakers... They measure exactly 2.0ohm, 2.3ohm without correction for my test leads.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...