Jump to content

For those with ddmtuning hids... how are they holding up?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay, so obviously it was dark out last night. I drove in it (the dark..) for like 2 miles, lights are awesome.. was too tired to get pics though :( but got a video of the road while driving.

I did have one slight problem, though. One of the bulbs flickers whenever you put them on highbeams. I still have a "good" bulb from my last hid kit and it's 6000k, too, so I figured I'd pop it in to see if it was the bulb that was flicker (figured it was) so I woke up and went and did that real quickly while it's not too bright out yet. Before I did it, I turned hids on just to see how they look and noticed that the bulb that was flickering last night in highbeam mode, actually flickers all the time :( so I went ahead and switched it out and the old bulb doesn't do it which means it's not the ballast. The other bulb (other side) flickers for like a second whenever you put on highbeam, I can live with that I think. I didn't move the car though, so I'll see tonight how badly it does it.

I have some pics (just took) and video(s) but I'll upload tonight or in the morning so I can do it all at once. (I'll get some more tonight, couldn't get pics last night because I was tired as I said and I left my camera card at home and was too tired to come back and get it and then go back and take pics)

55w doesn't wash out the color that much, I'm happy with the color of the bulbs :D and luckily from what I can tell (will have to wait until tonight..) the old bulb and ddm bulb look the same in color :)

Posted

If its flickering man give them a call They should take care of it no problems. If not then fuck em go get an expensive set lol:)

Sig.jpg
Posted

that means you have to readjust your headlights, you are supposed to do this when you install them anyways since they output way more light than a traditional bulb.

oh, trust me, they are adjusted properly. I made sure. Many people flash me simply because they just hate HID's or they're just plain stupid. I even got flashed once, about 3 weeks after I bought this car (it's a 2009) by some idiot, guess he though I had my high beams on.

anyways, retrofits coming soon :D

 

2018 Golf R - Stealth SQ system build - C508GTI front (active), 2x Pioneer Z10LS4, Zapco DSPZ8, Clarion DPX11551 (Mono amp), Pioneer GM-D8604 (front stage amp), Pioneer GM-A3702 (rear fill amp)

SOLD! 2011 Subaru STI - 'modest' passive sq system - JBL p660c component (front) JBL P662 (rear) JBL W10GTI (sealed enclosure) 4ch JBL GO1004 (150RMSx4), Clarion DPX11551 mono amp (+-1200RMS@3ohms)

Posted

Your a dumbass bBoy. People don't flash you just because they hate HIDs or because they're stupid and went to put their stupid hat on and accidentally hit the brights. Your cutoff is still too high and bother oncoming drivers and people in front of you. I love HIDs but I really fucking hate the people that put them in stock housings and don't aim them correctly. Driving in pitch black on the road and have an oncoming car have HIDs aimed a little too high, it is such a distraction when your eyes are used to the dark and can cause a dangerous situation. And don't get me wrong. I'm a huge asshole and don't care about others when it comes to some things but others and my driving safety is something that shouldn't be affected by someone wanting some "cool lights" aim them correct according to your vehicle owner's manual and then aim them lower. When you pull up behind another car you shouldn't be blinding their rear views or lighting up the entire inside of their car from a little less than a car lengths behind.

I'm done now and hope you are pissed at me because what you said is nonsense. Reread it.

2013 F150 Crew Cab



Old Build Log



Feedback



2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Posted

well i since my 55 watt ballast was shit, i got another from my friend and some 3k bulbs for my headlights, which were modified to fit in my car. and my damn hi/lo actuator flux capacitor dinger ma-bobber went out, so when i put on my high beams, only one side works, so now im gonna have to send the bulb back and wait another 5 months to get it back..

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

Posted

is DDM tuning still taking 2wks from shipping to arrive at home? even if you pay the 2nd day shipping?

im thinking of buying the 55watt 12ks for my truck

Posted

is DDM tuning still taking 2wks from shipping to arrive at home? even if you pay the 2nd day shipping?

im thinking of buying the 55watt 12ks for my truck

They are shipping same day now. Jump on it!

Posted

They are shipping same day now. Jump on it!

thanks :jumps on it: :pardon:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 513 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...