Sonic Electronix

Well what type of music do you listen to? If you listen to more hip-hop/rap, go lower in the low 30's. Decaf music, high 20's, rock and alternative, maybe upper 30's. Just depends.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Depends on the volume of the box and the speaker too, but generally a lower tuned box will play lower but it won't be as loud. A higher tuned one will peak higher and play louder, but will fall off higher and might be 20-30db down at 20hz. It's probably best just to tune to about 35hz and call it a day. Depends what you want from your sub though.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

id say 38hz is a happy medium. depends on what kind of music you like

Ride-1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited Edition

Head Unit-Alpine iXA-W404

Front Speakers-Memphis M-Class 6 1/2 Oversize

Subs-2 DC Lvl 4xl 15's

Amps-2 Sundown 3500d's

Batteries-2 Batcap 2000's

240 amp Iraggi Alternator

Wiring-Memphis 0 Gauge Kit

Extra-Compustar Alarm/Remote Start/Keyless Entry

30-35, depends on what you want as said before

99 Toyota tacoma

- Alpine CDA 9887 head unit

- Rockford Mids & Highs

- Soundstreme TRX Mids & High amp

- Hifonics 2010D amp

- 15 Kicker L7

- 4 cube fiberglass box at 33 Hz

- optima yellow top

- big 3

- Knu wiring

- future vision 8K hids

- 36 square Ft damp pro with tweaker kit

soon to come

-1 more optima yellow top

I generally tune between 28-36hz, keep in mind that lower tuning will let the box play lower but will not be as loud, although it can cause more flexing and rattling, like you see in most youtube vids, but tuning higher will make it louder to the ear but less impact, you like to find a happy medium, but it all depends on what you listen to, like rock/metal have higher tones for bass, and rap has lower tones. A low low note on a high tuned box will sound muddy, but a higher note on a low tuned box can sound muddy too. I do however wonder if there would be any benefit to having two boxes with different tuning IE: one tuned to 28hz and the other to 36hz...

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

I generally tune between 28-36hz, keep in mind that lower tuning will let the box play lower but will not be as loud, although it can cause more flexing and rattling, like you see in most youtube vids, but tuning higher will make it louder to the ear but less impact, you like to find a happy medium, but it all depends on what you listen to, like rock/metal have higher tones for bass, and rap has lower tones. A low low note on a high tuned box will sound muddy, but a higher note on a low tuned box can sound muddy too. I do however wonder if there would be any benefit to having two boxes with different tuning IE: one tuned to 28hz and the other to 36hz...

Wouldn't that basically be a bandpass? Or at the very least, the purpose of a bandpass?

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

the speakers are pair of cvx 12's each in its own ported box, the inside volume is 2.37 cu ft per box before any displacement, i bought 2 4" precision ports i haven't cut them to length yet because i haven't decided what freq i'm going for, but i definitely want to go spl, i dont care about the sound quality. so any suggestions now?

Archived