Official Green Monster Xterror

Stay with the AB's!

Hell get another pr of em strap them at .35 and call for recones :lol:

On a serious note. The SD's are a powerful amp but way too unstable to be run in a true daily groundpounder. The crossovers are fairly non existent. Theres a huge difference in sound quality and efficiency between the 2. Major Difference lol

I've been running 1 AB 1100.1 at .25 daily on 3-5 batts (Took some out for NSPL Trunk Class and Meca). It performs like a champ!

I beg to differ, Rob.

They are daily designed amps more than 8-0% efficient. Maybe you could test the efficiency yourself, if you have a SD around?

Regarding the crossover, as they can reproduce up to 15kHz the LPF on the amp is a wide-range 12dB per octave roll off, so an external crossover (or at least the one on the HU) will welp on certain high-efficiency installs. The bass boost on the other amp can also affect the audio perfection.

Stay with the AB's!

Hell get another pr of em strap them at .35 and call for recones :lol:

On a serious note. The SD's are a powerful amp but way too unstable to be run in a true daily groundpounder. The crossovers are fairly non existent. Theres a huge difference in sound quality and efficiency between the 2. Major Difference lol

I've been running 1 AB 1100.1 at .25 daily on 3-5 batts (Took some out for NSPL Trunk Class and Meca). It performs like a champ!

I beg to differ, Rob.

They are daily designed amps more than 80% efficient. Maybe you could test the efficiency yourself, if you have a SD around?

Regarding the crossover, as they can reproduce up to 15kHz the LPF on the amp is a wide-range 12dB per octave roll off, so an external crossover (or at least the one on the HU) will welp on certain high-efficiency installs. The bass boost on the other amp can also affect the audio perfection.

I'd be happy to do some testing anytime you wanna send me one :drinks:

I Promise to run it to your set up specifications....Just know that everything in my world takes a Thor Size Beating :rocking:

Will you be joining me for a few drinks at CES?

I hope you guys can make it! I'll be staying at the stratosphere!!!

We crash in your suite??

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few shots for all who wasnt in florida this weekend. I also wanna say thanks to everone who helped over come all the struggles this week. DC power for busting ass to get an alt back to me, Nathan at XS Power, and all my Fl peeps ( Mr Cricket, and Mr Staub). Oh and Captain Caveman too!

Kinda crappy but what do you expect after 18hours of working on 2 cars and no sleep.

2010-12-04050427.jpg

The new daily voltage, NO MLA or VCM

2010-12-05112234.jpg

Archived