Sonic Electronix

Which way should my port be facing?

vehicle dependent...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

ok, some trunk cars like subs facing up, and port on driver side, some trunk cars like sub and port facing up, or sub and port facing back.. hatchbacks like subs facing up and port firing off the glass, but some hatches like subs up and port back.. some SUVs like subs up port up, while others like subs back and port back..

its different with every vehicle...

just do a wall, subs forward port forward

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

a wall kind of fixes your problems then, lol

my 99 alero sounds better with subs facing front, so far ive not had a ported box in the trunk, but i prefer the subs facing front at least

a wall kind of fixes your problems then, lol

What chu talkin bout? I always wall subs back port back.

lol. Nah just experiment, but all back is generally the best for a trunk car.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

i have however heard that it can depend on if your seats fold down or not, mine fold down, maybe thats why ti sounds better with subs facing forward

i keep my seats up but maybe its cause they are not completely sealed off in the trunk, not sure

maybe just personal preference too

i have however heard that it can depend on if your seats fold down or not, mine fold down, maybe thats why ti sounds better with subs facing forward

i keep my seats up but maybe its cause they are not completely sealed off in the trunk, not sure

maybe just personal preference too

in the cars ive tried sub and port forward without sealing it it sounded like an open ass surgery fart. you lose so much pressure and sq if its not sealed. aside from that in most non boat like car sub and port back with the seats down i think is ideal. unless you have a monster box. or a fusion then i think sub up port back sounded great, just causes alot of damage lol

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

• 3 months later...

I know this thread is 2 months old but since I'm already here.

I got an accord, its a trunk car and I currently have a 18" in it, sub up firing into the trunk lid and port up too but the box is slid all the way back so the port is firing up right under the spoiler.

If I were to build a new box, around 5.25cuft tuned to 35hz after sub and port displacement..should it sound better with the sub up and port back?

I know this thread is 2 months old but since I'm already here.

I got an accord, its a trunk car and I currently have a 18" in it, sub up firing into the trunk lid and port up too but the box is slid all the way back so the port is firing up right under the spoiler.

If I were to build a new box, around 5.25cuft tuned to 35hz after sub and port displacement..should it sound better with the sub up and port back?

Test it and see, it will be dependent on if that sub likes that type of loading with the port.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db