BassJunkie Posted July 20, 2010 Report Posted July 20, 2010 I take effexor daily for depression. After my dad was killed I couldn't sleep at night, couldn't concentrate in class and failed my quarter, so I went to the doctor and he diagnosed me with depression, gave me lexapro and ambien and sent me on my way. I just want to say from personal experience....if you can find an alternative to medicine...DO IT! Withdrawl and side effects from effexor are no joke. 1986 C20 Suburban 9 American Bass XFL 15's B2 M1MKII 14v XS Power Batteries Maxwell Caps Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.
GRITS Posted July 20, 2010 Report Posted July 20, 2010 We arent saying go to the therapist just to be put on meds. By all means if you can get past the blues without being medicated awesome. but some people need meds. I functioned fine for 12 yrs with no meds. A person should be able to tell when they need an extra helping hand. You know what is best for your body, you know how certain meds make you feel. If in fact you are put on meds you need to give it time to work to see if theres a difference; some meds you will know within a week, others it takes up to 3 months to kick in. Whats being stressed here is if you need a helping hand to get out of that black hole, contact your local mental health so that you can get someone to talk to.
GRITS Posted July 20, 2010 Report Posted July 20, 2010 I take effexor daily for depression. After my dad was killed I couldn't sleep at night, couldn't concentrate in class and failed my quarter, so I went to the doctor and he diagnosed me with depression, gave me lexapro and ambien and sent me on my way. I just want to say from personal experience....if you can find an alternative to medicine...DO IT! Withdrawl and side effects from effexor are no joke. I am sorry for your loss, losing someone due to age is hard enough. But losing someone before their time is even harder, especially when they are taken from us. I just wanted to say I can completely relate.
huh?do-what? Posted July 20, 2010 Report Posted July 20, 2010 That actually made my anxiety worse to be honest. My other personality, we will call him bob, says it is known to increase psychotic symptoms. God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.
GRITS Posted August 12, 2010 Report Posted August 12, 2010 Just thought I would bounce this back up here just to see how everyone is doing and if your symptoms have gotten any better.
big dee Posted August 13, 2010 Report Posted August 13, 2010 well i have been down that rode and back a few times. and with me i just let go and said fuk it. i think ever one deals with it at times. i always get a lil depressed in the winter. well i say a lil maybe a lot. but thats not the main problem my buddys say i am a basket case. but i tell them there the ones off not me lol. ive learned to embrace my mental illness like a warm blanket. seems to be the best way to deal with it. forget meds and docs. if your not wired right to begin with thats just life. drugs are not ther solution.they just hide the real problem, once you accept the fact your better off. this might sound cruel but its the truth. and also theres nothing wrong with having mental defects.
EricR Posted November 25, 2010 Report Posted November 25, 2010 I'm sure I'm not the only one thats depressed during the holidays. If i wasn't dead broke I'd be gettin drunk right now... i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.