Sundown Audio

audiopipe 30001 amp

mason313

i've yet to see proof that the ap3000 is a bad amp. everyone that uses them is happy with them, and it's been proven they do rated power. once someone proves how dirty the power is, i'm down with spending a 1000 dollars less on an amp that puts out the same power. it's all personal preference and what brand you want the sticker to say you sport on your car.

Bullshit, where is this proof.

The factory's own test graphs show that the THD increases rapidly after about 1250wrms from a 1500D. The 3k is 2 1500's in one case so we can safely say it doesn't do more than 2500wrms clean power.

2500wrms is not 3000wrms so don't try and tell me they've been proven to do rated power. I'm sick of seeing this spouted all over the net. 95% of people testing the power output of amps are doing it completely wrong anyway. Cheap non-rms meters, no scope so they don't know if it's clipping, blah blah blah.

Yes it's cheap, yes it does good-ish power for what it costs, but there's so much BS flying around about these amps.

They use quality-ish parts. If I remember right the power supply MOSFET is IRF1010N which isn't a bad part in itself, but it's no IRFP3205. As long as they're genuine parts, not chinese knock-offs.

A lot of the tiny surface mount parts are quite cheap and nasty.

The PCBs are thin, flimsy things with lightweight tracks.

The driver boards are pretty nasty as well. I have seen quite a few of these mysteriously fail, nothing obvious wrong and each time I've been pretty certain it was a driver board issue, but we just throw the amps out anyway.

Here is the Soundmagus X1502. It is the same amp, only with a brown PCB.

Internal pics:

Soundmagus:

p6790584n2.jpg

AP1500d

Audiopipe1500.JPG

Factory tested power output @ 1 ohm:

X1502_PWR-1OHM.gif

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

yes, he changed the price TODAY, on the second page, why should i have to skim through the shit to find the price.. it wasnt posted on the front page and im not digging for prices...

Maybe so you have an idea what you're talking about?

the same reason i paid 1g for a 7k stetsom and people will pay 1g for a 4500w sundown... personal prefrence

but then again, i guess stetsom and soundigital makes dirty power as well....even if they are in almost all the world record holders vehicles

You're accusation at the end is simply trying to put words in some one's mouth that was never said.Besides, Stetsom and Soundigital ONLY hold records in vehicles that are one note wonders.That is not what this guys intentions are.

Bullshit, where is this proof.

The factory's own test graphs show that the THD increases rapidly after about 1250wrms from a 1500D. The 3k is 2 1500's in one case so we can safely say it doesn't do more than 2500wrms clean power.

2500wrms is not 3000wrms so don't try and tell me they've been proven to do rated power. 95% of people testing the power output of amps are doing it completely wrong anyway. Cheap non-rms meters, no scope so they don't know if it's clipping, blah blah blah.

Here is the Soundmagus X1502. It is the same amp, only with a brown PCB.

Internal pics:

Soundmagus:

p6790584n2.jpg

AP1500d

Audiopipe1500.JPG

Factory tested power output @ 1 ohm:

X1502_PWR-1OHM.gif

I was wondering when you would chime in bud.Could you specify on what you see in the board of the AP30001D that is just completely garbage?

I was wondering when you would chime in bud.Could you specify on what you see in the board of the AP30001D that is just completely garbage?

Nothing is exceptionally bad in them. As I mentioned above, the PCB is a bit nasty and the surface mount parts are about the barest minimum spec they could use to get by, but there's nothing inherently terrible about them. I just don't like how people compare them as equal to things like Sundowns.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Maybe so you have an idea what you're talking about?

You're accusation at the end is simply trying to put words in some one's mouth that was never said.Besides, Stetsom and Soundigital ONLY hold records in vehicles that are one note wonders.That is not what this guys intentions are.

taken from stetsom's website

The A Team

Vehicle: 88 GMC Jimbo SS 5+

Amps: 3 Stetsom 7kd

Subs: 6 12"

Classes: dB Drag Super Street 5+, Bassrace 159.9

Canadas loudest Bassracer/ Daily driver.

Clay Schaffer

A Team Audio

http://www.stetsom.com.br/eng/ShowCars.aspx

even if most are 1 note wonders, the loudest vehicles in the world run this product, yet alot of people on this site bash them and talk shit about them ALLLLL day long....

thats my main point...

you people bash products you have never ran, and even will bash stetsom... and im sure a few people in this thread has... and yet has never ran it, and if you never ran it, what opinion do you really have?

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

taken from stetsom's website

http://www.stetsom.com.br/eng/ShowCars.aspx

even if most are 1 note wonders, the loudest vehicles in the world run this product, yet alot of people on this site bash them and talk shit about them ALLLLL day long....

thats my main point...

you people bash products you have never ran, and even will bash stetsom... and im sure a few people in this thread has... and yet has never ran it, and if you never ran it, what opinion do you really have?

Ive never personally run Stetsom or SD but ive been around enough Competitions to see competitors using them in there MUSICAL cars and put up 150's and Up all day long

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I actually loved my AP3k, and Bigpimpin91 loves his 2 3ks... quite a few people who are decently loud who use audiopipe amps...

just remember, its 1 ohm per channel stable, and 2 ohms bridged, it IS a 2 channel amp..

1500x2 @ 1 ohm per chan

3000x1 @ 2 ohms bridged

with out the proper electrical to back it up, i suggest you do not attempt to run it bridged at 1 ohm, while others will tell you to go ahead...

Damn nig, atleast get it right.

They're worth the money 100%.

Get it.

good call, i didnt even notice i put 2000 lol... i ment 3000 fuck i was tired when i was arguing with the bashers

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Archived