Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, a lot of you have been helping me over the past few weeks trying to sort out which subs I'm getting and its been hard living in Australia. I haven't gotten a quote back from DC yet about shipping but here are my options. If possible give me some imput about what would be better. I'm going to have them walled off, ported in a hatch with very low cabin space will have the room to build the box for proper sizing but really want to move some air and put high stress on the car. It's all for fun thats what I bought the car for!

Here is the car its going in, this isn't my car it's a factory picture taken from Hyundai just to give you an idea.

Hyundai-Getz-S3_1.jpg

RE Audio 18" XXX D2 $1055.00 each SHIPPED without the import duty - Would run 2 total.

Fi Audio 18" BTL D1 $900ish each SHIPPED - Would run 2 total.

Kicker L7 15" D2 $500 each SHIPPED - Would run 4 total. <--- THESE WILL BE THE EASIEST TO GET BY FAR.

DC Lvl 5 - TBA

Memphis Car Audio CM 15" D2 with 2,500w RMS for $859.00 each with low shipping costs since their in Australia now.

So it's between these guys. What do you all think could be the best option?

For warranty reasons kicker is going to hook me up and also giving me the L7's cheaper than normal for Australia. Retail is $899.00 each but how good are the L7's compaired to others? I could also get the SOLO X 18" from kicker. Price N/A but avaliable.

Hope you guys can help! Going to start the build soon getting excited. Can anyone give me some pros and cons about the L7 if possible?

Cheers.

Edited by Cynner

I'm not an out of control driver, I'm completely in control.. only sideways..

-Nissan R32GTR running 213KW RB20DET on 14lbs of boost.

-Holden Commodore VY SS UTE running stock.

-Holden Rodeo mini truck project, soon to be running SR20 on 13lbs of boost.

-Landcruiser UTE running 1UZFE v8 11" Lift on 35" MT Classic II's wrapped in Cooper STTs.

^^ and the list goes on..

I would go with the four L7's from that list personally. Greater cone area and especially with them giving you the hook-ups for cheap. Hard to pass that deal up with your pricing situation. <_< What are you running to power your subs?

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Haven't decided yet, thats the next feat once I get the subs. I'm going to match some amps to it. I'll probably spend as long almost 3 months stright narrowing it down. Feel free to throw in some suggestions.

Thanks for the reply! They all help.

-Landcruiser UTE running 1UZFE v8 11" Lift on 35" MT Classic II's wrapped in Cooper STTs.

depending on the power, you could go with 4 XL 15s from DC and be alot better off than the kicker L7s

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Yeah still waiting DC's reply for a quote. Guess I'll be waiting a bit longer ;]

if its easier for you to get the L7's then get them, in a good box it would move some air

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Yeah I've decided I'll go the L7's and.. If I don't like them well. I'll import some DC's or SMDs and at least have a decent system while I'm waiting on them. Now 4 L7's or 3 haha..

derricks car with the lvl 5s in it fuckin rocks. i hate l7s personally, so if it was me id hold off for a fewe more days and get the dcs or check on ascendant mayhems. the same guy that make fi makes the aas ascendantaudio.com.(or u can call brian hes a aa dealer 1-940-594-5601) i have 2 mayhem 18s and will never get rid of them 8)

Edited by willie3719

="Impact"]

pioneer 4200 dvd

4 sets aa carbon mids

2 sets rockford power t1 tweeters

rockford power t400.4

rockford power 4inch

DC 175.4 DC 3.5k (soon to be 2)

2 DC XL 15s

The artist formally known as willie3719

FYI, even when you find out the level 5's pricing, you can't post it...

derricks car with the lvl 5s in it fuckin rocks. i hate l7s personally, so if it was me id hold off for a fewe more days and get the dcs or check on ascendant mayhems. the same guy that make fi makes the aas ascendantaudio.com.(or u can call brian hes a aa dealer 1-940-594-5601) i have 2 mayhem 18s and will never get rid of them 8)

Unless you can find a dealer that would give you a price anywhere close to the L7s, I'd do the L7s. There's a huge price difference between them and their nearest competitor.

The Level 5s are beasts, but I doubt you'd get a price close to the L7s.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert