Sundown Audio

Quality Amplifier Brands ?

BJD3

wow no one has mentioned Soundstream, PPI , or Hertz?

soundstream sucks balls all the good ones are old enough that they are pretty whored out now.

ppi only nice ones were old, new ones suck also

hertz ep line isnt up there with others i listed but HP line is great but no longer made anymore

quality amps are the following to me.

well engineered- meaning not a amp you call x build house and tell them i want this this and this and get it in the mail 2 months later with all your logos and ect on them.

noise floor - how much noise does the amp have just from the circuitry of how that amp works.

i'll throw a few other nice amps out there

Helix espirit

Audison LRX and VRX

Zapco ck series

Arc SE series

Tru Technologies

Sinfoni

DLS Ultimates

lots more out there you just have to step away from whats popular here and read up alot and get some listening in.

theres lots more in criteria but thats just a little of what i like to look at.

James? out of curiosity...what exactly do you like about the helix esprit amps? the pretty design of the board with the plexi and leds? (not trying to be an ass here, but that's about what you pay for - nice design) I've heard them and....they are quite common here.  Pretty much the same question on DLS Ultimates. not saying they're not nice amps, but really depends on what you're comparing them to and for what purpose

Tru Tech - heard good things about their older amps, but never had a chance to play with one...I did have a SledgeHammer, pretty nice amp (but would still get killed by "buildhouse' amps)...i'd like to play with one of their newer amps from top line-up - some nice design there

Sinfoni is so overpriced that it's gay....and Celestra VA's kill them (speaking of which - have you heard them?)

ARC SE's - gotta get my hands on one somday

Overall though this stuff greatly depends on your goals and what your tolerance to price vs. performance is... I have found that for most daily systems that need their SQ, imaging and so forth - Celestra FA's get the ball rolling at a very competative price, plus they are great for getting just a really great music experience (sorry i can't put this in a better way, but when you load up that Metallica or Iron Maiden or Motorhead album they really bring that stuff to life). Comp cars are better off with the RA's though.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 - Deep Orange

Build log - Blowthrought with 4 18's http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/122600-4-18s-in-a-dodge-ram-team-sundown-russia/

Sundown Audio SAX125.2 - Sundown PA 10"

Shok-wiring & RCA's

XS Power D6500

Mechman 320A

Sundown Audio Russia

http://sundownaudio....dex.php?/index

http://www.drive2.ru...ram/ram/skillz/ - more about my truck

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gskillz81

James? out of curiosity...what exactly do you like about the helix esprit amps? the pretty design of the board with the plexi and leds? (not trying to be an ass here, but that's about what you pay for - nice design) I've heard them and....they are quite common here. Pretty much the same question on DLS Ultimates. not saying they're not nice amps, but really depends on what you're comparing them to and for what purpose

Tru Tech - heard good things about their older amps, but never had a chance to play with one...I did have a SledgeHammer, pretty nice amp (but would still get killed by "buildhouse' amps)...i'd like to play with one of their newer amps from top line-up - some nice design there

Sinfoni is so overpriced that it's gay....and Celestra VA's kill them (speaking of which - have you heard them?)

ARC SE's - gotta get my hands on one somday

Overall though this stuff greatly depends on your goals and what your tolerance to price vs. performance is... I have found that for most daily systems that need their SQ, imaging and so forth - Celestra FA's get the ball rolling at a very competative price, plus they are great for getting just a really great music experience (sorry i can't put this in a better way, but when you load up that Metallica or Iron Maiden or Motorhead album they really bring that stuff to life). Comp cars are better off with the RA's though.

ive heard of the celestras, unfortunately have not got to have any hands on time whatsoever with them.

As far as price goes thats all dependant on person and the threads not about how much each unit cost, its about quality of the amp itself. As for all that metal you just listed, a correct component set with any of the listed amps should make that music sound great. But as we all know a 10,000 dollar amp shouldnt be paired with a 50 dollar set of comps, and unfortunately thats what happens around here or vice versa where a high quality set of comps will get paired with a 150 dollar amp because they ran out of money or because its said months forum boner.

Soundstream

Infinity

JBL

Sundown

Audioque

Lanzar Opti

MB Quart

Alpine

Kicker

JL

Audiopipe

Crunch GP

Autotek MM

Rockford Fosgate

MTX

Precision Power

Polk Audio

PowerBass

Orion

DC Audio

These amps have been proven to put out rated power more times then not. Quality varies greatly from person to person. Some people judge an amp more upon reliability more so then performance and vice versa. If you take care of your amp then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

The King.

Archived