Sonic Electronix

In the end I'll have 2 15" dc XLs each running on there own AQ2200. I don't have the funds to do the complete build this year but can get one sub, amp, and the electrical to handle one so that's what I'm doing. My question is though since I'll be running the 1 15 on 2200+rms in a daily what volume would be a safe starting point for the sub. It's only rated at 1500 but we all know it can handle more but I didn't know if with that power I need to stay closer to 3^ft after displacement or would I actually want to go smaller closer to 2.7-9 to handle the extra power without bottoming the sub out?

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I'm no expert, but I would say no bigger than 4 cubes.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I know recommended and ideal volume for regular use but wanted to know if I was going to be over enough with power box space would critical or if I could still go 4^ft and be just fine. I'll ask rusty when I order what he says just wondering if anyone has actually been close with this setup and their opinion on box space for power

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

I know recommended and ideal volume for regular use but wanted to know if I was going to be over enough with power box space would critical or if I could still go 4^ft and be just fine. I'll ask rusty when I order what he says just wondering if anyone has actually been close with this setup and their opinion on box space for power

Rusty will tell you 3-3.5cu per. Thats not enough power to do any damage unless you just clip the hell out of it. Im personal using 3.25cu ea and have more power and I am having no problems

Edited by corona_jeff

That's what I needed to hear. I'm aiming for 4^ with the one for now but will have to cut back when I get the second one. Hopefully get this stuff rolling early next month

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

??? Then stop answering these threads!

Id stick with 3 cubes...as long as gains are set right, the sub should be fine.

This guy. 2200 is really nothin the XL can't handle, 3 cuft each should be fine.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

DC(I think rusty) told me not to exceed 5k on two XLs and that any thing more go the LVl 5s but never really specified or talked about box space. I didn't know if what he meant by that was that each sub with 2500 would still be safely usable within the advertised specs or not. So if it is and can safely handle the 2200 with out an issue I'd like to go as big as possible for the one sub to get the most out of it.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150