Isn't mixing old batts w/ new bad? You bring the new battery to the same state as the old one when you mix. So eventually you'll have 2 batterys at whatever point the "stock battery" is at. I live off grid solar and never mix old batteries w/ new ones.

In other words if your stock batt is 50% good then your 100% new battery will be brought down to the stock 50% in a very short period of time.

I see, but then why does Kinetik suggest a HC1400 battery to replace the stock battery and a larger HC2000 near the amplifier for my system? if this saying is true then would it not be better to go with, say two HC1400's or slightly larger? if the more experienced audio guys could chime in, I'd appreciate, because I also need to either replace my existing battery, or add a second one and leave the stock battery. Buying two kinetik batteries isn't exactly in my budget. Any help is appreciated!

Edited by BboyTaktix

2018 Golf R - Stealth SQ system build - C508GTI front (active), 2x Pioneer Z10LS4, Zapco DSPZ8, Clarion DPX11551 (Mono amp), Pioneer GM-D8604 (front stage amp), Pioneer GM-A3702 (rear fill amp)

SOLD! 2011 Subaru STI - 'modest' passive sq system - JBL p660c component (front) JBL P662 (rear) JBL W10GTI (sealed enclosure) 4ch JBL GO1004 (150RMSx4), Clarion DPX11551 mono amp (+-1200RMS@3ohms)

its not recommended to mix different types of batt's example sealed to non, wet cell, dry cell, agm, etc. if you ran a kinetik 1400 up front and a 2000 in the back that would work. I would try just getting a 1400 under the hood for now.

Edited by dugee81

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

its not recommended to mix different types of batt's ex sealed to non, wet cell dry cell agm etc if you ran a kinetik 1400 up front and a 2000 in the back that would work. I would try just getting a 1400 under the hood for now.

well here's my issue. MY car comes with a STOCK SEALED battery in the trunk (no battery under the hood). Would it then be safe to get a KINETIK 1400 battery as a second battery to put beside this stock sealed battery? FYI My system is running about 1500-2000RMS right now but i plan to upgrade to about 3000RMS next year(2 JBL W12GTI's to replace my existing JBL 1214D's, and I also have a 600RMS 4channel).

2018 Golf R - Stealth SQ system build - C508GTI front (active), 2x Pioneer Z10LS4, Zapco DSPZ8, Clarion DPX11551 (Mono amp), Pioneer GM-D8604 (front stage amp), Pioneer GM-A3702 (rear fill amp)

SOLD! 2011 Subaru STI - 'modest' passive sq system - JBL p660c component (front) JBL P662 (rear) JBL W10GTI (sealed enclosure) 4ch JBL GO1004 (150RMSx4), Clarion DPX11551 mono amp (+-1200RMS@3ohms)

it looks like a kinetik hc1400 will fit under the hood, but it says it's a 12v? isn't that bad ? will I be able to go above 12v or is that like an idle thing? or amI just dumb? :lol:

2004 Volkswagen GLI

1 10" Skar VVX

^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^

it looks like a kinetik hc1400 will fit under the hood, but it says it's a 12v? isn't that bad ? will I be able to go above 12v or is that like an idle thing? or amI just dumb? :lol:

a 1400 didnt fit under my hood. I got rid of it real fast then went to XS. but 12v AGMs usually have a voltage around 14v. its just how they charge. And to answer your first question, with only 500-600 rms, you really wouldnt need a bat in the back yet.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco