I've been looking into getting an alarm for sometime now. I don't really need it for where i live but when i travel to competitions in bigger cities i figured it'd be nice.

I was just wondering how a vehicle with a manual transmission could be rigged up to work.

I already figured I have to put actuators to make my manual locks automatice, and I even thought I could toss another actuator in there that activates the fuel pump turn ogff switch, but wouldn't reengage it unless done manually. But I wasn't even sure if that was necessary with Viper's starter kill.

So I found a Vider 5701 (5202v2) for $210 and I figured I could go about installing it myself.

any, tl;dr

How to put a remote start on a manual, and any more security measures that I could take.

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

That's pretty bad ass, I'll most likely go with that.

I'm pretty sure I could install it myself. Everything that's ever been put on my truck's been done by me.

Thanks for the link, man.

no prob, its the alarm im going with when I start my GSX build so i thought i would share

audiosavings has good shit on there man :)

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

that skytek alarm is a POS.

Just get a viper, its ready to do manual or auto trans.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

no prob, its the alarm im going with when I start my GSX build so i thought i would share

audiosavings has good shit on there man :)

Thanks, take a look at this unit too. I just tried it out and its pretty cool:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BOYO-VTR-101-DVR-CAMERA-VIDEO-RECORDER-w-GPS-TRACKING-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ300430293226QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

that skytek alarm is a POS.

Just get a viper, its ready to do manual or auto trans.

I have customers that have used them and always come back for their other cars. Just because theyre not redily known brands doesnt make them any less effetive.

:)

I have customers that have used them and always come back for their other cars. Just because theyre not redily known brands doesnt make them any less effetive.

wasnt referring to it being a small brand.

Just That I have more experience than 99% of the whole forum.

I sold scytek for 2 years.

Horrible. QC is/was garbage

on-board relays sticking etc.

shock sensors breaking.

Just saying its a pos.

save yourself the headache on this 1.

Ive already done the research.

Been doing this for 14years.

Buy DEI and dont look back

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Scytek is garbage the remotes always die,stay away same with boyo cameras aswell they usually only last about 6-8 months before we have to warranty them. As far as the alarm goes stick with either a dei or compustar product.If you want a remote start on a manual I wouldn't do anything but a compustar, and I have a dei and a compustar on two different manual cars.

2007 Scion Tc- T1500.1bdcp & t600.4, Three P3D212's Ported at 40hz, T2 6.5" Components, Rockford Marine 8" coax's. Kinetik khc1400 in back, Kicker 0 gauge

1999 Cherokee- Rockford Prime Amps 300.4 & 500.1,Big 3, Rockford 6.5"Comp.s and 6.5" 2ways, 2 12" P2's Ported basic winter beater

2002 Mustang Convt.-T1500.1bd & 400.4, 3 P3D210's IB, JBL components all the way around,Rockford 4 gauge, Big 3, Kinetik khc800 in back

wasnt referring to it being a small brand.

Just That I have more experience than 99% of the whole forum.

I sold scytek for 2 years.

Horrible. QC is/was garbage

on-board relays sticking etc.

shock sensors breaking.

Just saying its a pos.

save yourself the headache on this 1.

Ive already done the research.

Been doing this for 14years.

Buy DEI and dont look back

:clapping:

If it looks like a product has flea markets on it's list of dealers then it's probably shitz. I can't even count how many people come in with the single DIN H/U's with the clip on double din screens. (Yeah dude, that's badass how the screen covers the A/C controls) :lol:

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

:clapping:

If it looks like a product has flea markets on it's list of dealers then it's probably shitz. I can't even count how many people come in with the single DIN H/U's with the clip on double din screens. (Yeah dude, that's badass how the screen covers the A/C controls) :lol:

We call those decks horse face drop downs they are so retarded yo always have to space them way out of the kits for them to even fit.

2007 Scion Tc- T1500.1bdcp & t600.4, Three P3D212's Ported at 40hz, T2 6.5" Components, Rockford Marine 8" coax's. Kinetik khc1400 in back, Kicker 0 gauge

1999 Cherokee- Rockford Prime Amps 300.4 & 500.1,Big 3, Rockford 6.5"Comp.s and 6.5" 2ways, 2 12" P2's Ported basic winter beater

2002 Mustang Convt.-T1500.1bd & 400.4, 3 P3D210's IB, JBL components all the way around,Rockford 4 gauge, Big 3, Kinetik khc800 in back