The Resonant Frequency Thread

i think blazers from what i hear is like 47hz freq so in that case I build a box too 36-37hz that be good since the subs played will tend too play 10hz higher then the box is tuned at right?? or am i way off from what i think

----------- no more blazer-------------

New ride 2000 s10 ext cab xtreme zq8 v4a

4.3 jba headers,pcm4less tuned,nv3500 5spd,8.5" diff,ported/polished heads

makes good daily driver not a racecar lol

system:

pioneer 7200hd deck,kenwood kfc708 with jl xd400.4

stinger 2gauge wire

mtx thunder 1501d

custom built box myself ported 3.13 slot port 40hz (2) 10" re audio sexv2d2- may do sxx upgrade soon after tune the sex first

kicker 4x6 cs dash.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this post is good for people who needs the info and thanks.. 97 4dr blazers ive not got any clue what my frequency is and allso my box is around 32hz and hope that im louder then 135's with 900w rms on 2-12"s

you are surely louder than that, blazers are LOUD! :)

i think blazers from what i hear is like 47hz freq so in that case I build a box too 36-37hz that be good since the subs played will tend too play 10hz higher then the box is tuned at right?? or am i way off from what i think

yes resonant frequency is above 47 hz, between 48 and 53 hz for sure depending on the size of your box, port direction and placement and power, 37-41 hz sounds about right if you want to gain a few tenths on the meter, you are on a good path there, nothing way off ;)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Does anyone know the resonating frequency of 1986 lincoln town car? im wanting to tune my box to thug motivation which plays 41 hertz my car is 4 doors with stock sound deadner inside. but im also wanting to make a port that plays at 27 hertz to do hair tricks and demos with. but is 41 hertz a good starting point?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not going to color code this, but I'll add to the database.

97 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

54-55hz peak with just about anything in the cargo area. Optimum is sub up and port towards the passenger side corner.

97 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD

43-44hz peak with just about anything in the cargo area. Sub up and port to the passenger corner seems strong but I haven't tested dozens of positions in this one yet.

I must add, I was very disappointed that my old SPL boxes didn't perform well at all in the new Jeep.

• 1 month later...

With a laptop, a decent mic, free software and a little know how you can find the resonant frequency of any vehicle.

step 1. download Audacity. (its free software they only ask for a donation) http://audacity.sourceforge.net

step 2. plug in and set up your mic.

step 3. open audacity and generate tones of your desired frequency range using the generate menu and record them in your car using the aux input on your stereo to play from your laptop and record at the same time with the mic resting on the dash and using a subwoofer, be sure to mute each track and delete the sine wave before you record the next sample

step 4. go to the menu of each recorded track and set it to waveformdb.

step 5. analize your data (the recorded sample with the highest reading in waveformdb is your peak frequency.

I suggest you record a sample in incrimates of 5 hz from 80 hz down to 20 hz then when you have it nailed down to within 10 hz range test at 1 hz incrimates within that range until you have found the frequency with the highest reading. (pretty much the loudest tone with all other variables being equal)

do not adjust the volume during testing! this will give a bias result also you should use a sealed box for your reading! If it has any kind of port it will be a bias reading.

Please do not use a cheap 10 dollar karaoke microphone! when it comes to microphones you get what you pay for, my microphone is a usb type

note: audacity can be a little complicated to run and set up refer to the help menu also there are many tutorials on http://youtube.com

• 4 years later...

Archived