SoundStream 8.3" Flip Out Headunit

yeah thats what im thinkin, they used to be crap

im almost happy my headunit was ripped out of my car

now i have an excuse to get this bad boy or maybe car PC

they look good compared to the old ones. the old ones look like they were fresh out of a lab of some college class

ty

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

if i was gonna go with a 8.3" flipout id go with the power acoustik one

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

Sub: Alpine type x 12

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

if i was gonna go with a 8.3" flipout id go with the power acoustik one

LOL Really???

You do know that soundstream, power acoustik, and a bunch of other low quality audio brands are all owned by 1 company?

Hence why the screens are almost identical, right down to the same amplifier box.

Yes I'm sponsored by them, but I'm pretty unbiased when it comes to equipment.. for example, when i was first sponsored I came right out and told them there is no way in hell I'd use their headunits....it wasn't until I really saw they were changing their game that I decided to try one out.

Ok well this isn't just a sound stream head unit, its EXACTLY THE SAME as these. Sorry to break your heart

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24400_Power+Acoustik+PTID-8310NRB.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24495_Farenheit+TID-831NRB.html

no blue tooth on this one

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24494_Farenheit+TID-830NR.html

There are a few more also exactly the same but the SS one cost $200 more lol

Refer to my post above Bullet :)

Every few months we get this thick silver type envelope (like a big static free bag that hard drives and video cards are wrapped in) thats about 3 inches thick with about 10+ product megazines for upcomming and current product lines from companies such as sound stream, power acoustik, pyle, legacy, pyrmid, sound storm, and a bunch others. It usually just ends up in the trash, but if you where too look thru them everything from 1 company to another is the same, just different colors.

All your doing is paying for a name that was once good, but ruined by the company that bought it out and merged it to the bad companies

Refer to my post above Bullet :)

Every few months we get this thick silver type envelope (like a big static free bag that hard drives and video cards are wrapped in) thats about 3 inches thick with about 10+ product megazines for upcomming and current product lines from companies such as sound stream, power acoustik, pyle, legacy, pyrmid, sound storm, and a bunch others. It usually just ends up in the trash, but if you where too look thru them everything from 1 company to another is the same, just different colors.

Well send me some magazines lol. The head unit does look interesting but having to hook up all those external modules to run things that are integrated into other units is terrible in my opinion.

Well send me some magazines lol. The head unit does look interesting but having to hook up all those external modules to run things that are integrated into other units is terrible in my opinion.

Lol Ill check when I head to the shop monday. They are funny too look thru, and the price guides are just funny.. 6x9 speakers dealer cost 19.95....

I dont even know how we started getting these things, never once bought or ordered anything from them. Im thinking every audio shop gets them. But its all the flea marked audio brands owned by 1 company.

But yes it is interesting with all the external modules. Most of it is due to having the thicker screen base and the wider screen that is longer when its in the chassis.

All companies have the external brain boxes (which I kinda like) Its a lot easier and cleaner to run a data cable from your screen to the back of the car where your brain box is, then only need like 3 foot rca cables to the amps which reduces voltage loss vs having 17-20 foot rca's. But too each his own.

I will give these flea market companies 1 thing. They are offering all the accessories (gps, 5+band eq, nav, bluetooth, handsfree, etc) all in 1 package. Where as most the real companies now days do not offer it all in 1 package most the times and you pay an arm and a leg for the add on.

I miss my old headunits, pioneers, eclipse, and alpines. I loved the spectrum analyzers to watch, as well as the on board processor allowing you to do 3 way active right from the deck with no additional processor.

soo......your saying that ss is like a flea market brand????

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

Ok well this isn't just a sound stream head unit, its EXACTLY THE SAME as these. Sorry to break your heart

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24400_Power+Acoustik+PTID-8310NRB.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24495_Farenheit+TID-831NRB.html

no blue tooth on this one

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24494_Farenheit+TID-830NR.html

There are a few more also exactly the same but the SS one cost $200 more lol

wait so those are EXACTLY the same? oh shit.. i dont mind saving like 200 bucks if it does the same things.. i could care less about the brand name if it has 4v pre outs and good eq..

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

bump.. want to know if its true that they are exactly the same.. about to buy one and dont mind saving some moneys just becuse the brand name on it lulz

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Archived