SoundStream 8.3" Flip Out Headunit

I was wondering if anyone had used or seen or heard anything about the Soundstream VIR-8300

It looks bad ass, but I have had bad experiences with my soundstream deck products. I had a 5.3 inch touch screen deck from them and the GUI was crap, mostly blue screens and shit. This GUI looks better and more like other ones but it does not seem like its the best.

But.... it has an 8.3 inch flip out screen which looks totally bad ass. It seems to have some decent add on features and whoa.... a free 50w x4 ch amp included?

Let me know your thoughts.

I thought soundstream was crap until I got on this forum and saw they had decent subs and amps. Sure not the best, but still damn good. I always figured they were a china brand.

Check out this vid...

thanks,

Ty

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

My friend has one and we have sold a couple @ the shop they seem to work better then everyother ss head unit personally im not a fan of any ss head units or eqs but i havent seen one go back for warranty there not that bad on the wallet either well @ least not at dedicated! But i would still pick a 7" clarion flip out over any soundstream flip out! No lie though i love soundstream subs and amps! Only amp we have ever had to send back was a xxx6500 but all other amps have never failed us! They get a little hot but nothing a koooling fan cant fix!

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

XtremeAudioInnovations.com

Facebook.com/xtremeaudio321

4 linked c notched bagged

Fiberglass door panels (5 speakers per door)

I have this HU and I totally fell iin love with it, can play pretty much anything on any media. theres different GUI's so you can use the one you like the most.

and I am a VERY anal person, and don't except crap. I shelled out 750 bucks for a Ecliose AVN-6620.. and at almost half the price this stomps all over it with the amount of features, customization, and connectivity.

sad part is I HATE flipouts! but this is an exception cuz its so damn cool

In the past SS headunits were shit, but in the last year they released all new models with MUCH better specs, so you need to dismiss your past experiences with them.

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

How much do these cost?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

never sen this thing til now and i think its pretty damn cool. if it performes as good as it looks id be interested in trying one. ill be lookin for a new HU in the next couple weeks too hahaa.

I have this HU and I totally fell iin love with it, can play pretty much anything on any media. theres different GUI's so you can use the one you like the most.

and I am a VERY anal person, and don't except crap. I shelled out 750 bucks for a Ecliose AVN-6620.. and at almost half the price this stomps all over it with the amount of features, customization, and connectivity.

sad part is I HATE flipouts! but this is an exception cuz its so damn cool

In the past SS headunits were shit, but in the last year they released all new models with MUCH better specs, so you need to dismiss your past experiences with them.

thanks for the input bro! it looks 150% better than their old shit. but you have a SS avatar haha are you a rep? doesnt matter really i would be interested in trying it out tho. atleast before i make the jump into a carcomputer set up

TY

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

the only thing i dont like about soundstream hu's is the interface. its cheap-looking. but for the price its a decent deal. but i personally think the only thing it has over for example a kenwood kvt-516 is the 8.3" screen and the price. ive installed a couple of these already. ss seems to be going for the "biggest" screen they can. they have 8" screens all over their line-up. but they need to focus on making it more appealing to the user imo.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

thanks for the input bro! it looks 150% better than their old shit. but you have a SS avatar haha are you a rep? doesnt matter really i would be interested in trying it out tho. atleast before i make the jump into a carcomputer set up

TY

Yes I'm sponsored by them, but I'm pretty unbiased when it comes to equipment.. for example, when i was first sponsored I came right out and told them there is no way in hell I'd use their headunits....it wasn't until I really saw they were changing their game that I decided to try one out.

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

Soundstream has come a long way. They were amazing when they were in Folsom but had went to shit and I totally dumped all of their products but now I am a fan again. They have done a great job bringing the line back especially in these times. Give them a shot and you shouldn't be disapointed!

Archived