Sonic Electronix

Do they make a plug to fit two 8 gauge wires into sub terminals?

Basically I want to stay away from using bolts on my box for speaker wire to be bridged to 1 ohm. I want it done on the sub, then 2 wires run out ot the box to the amp. Does some company make an adaptor where I can plug 2 8 gauge wires into some comtraption/connector, and that forms down to 1 to fit into a sub push terminal?

edit: btw i know i can force them in the terminal, but i'm picky and want it to look clean.. I dont like all that messy wire hanging out of the terminal...

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

sure, here ya go

wirecutters.jpg

lol but seriously, just cut them down until you can fit both wires in. they couldnt make a terminal like you described because the 2 larger pieces would touch each other, or be able to rotate and risk touching.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Wise guy ehhh? Well if it comes down to trimming then i'll do that - I just wanted to see if anyone knew if a company made such a thing.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Basically I want to stay away from using bolts on my box for speaker wire to be bridged to 1 ohm. I want it done on the sub, then 2 wires run out ot the box to the amp. Does some company make an adaptor where I can plug 2 8 gauge wires into some comtraption/connector, and that forms down to 1 to fit into a sub push terminal?

Try T Taps or whatever they are called ..

OR

You cam use Ring terminals and connect both the 8ga wires onto a Small bolt with washers and nuts, and insert that bolt into the Sub voice coil terminal ..

Its hard to explain, but do you get what i mean?

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

Twist your 2 8 gauge wires together and stick in the 4 gauge side and screw it down then plug the 8 gauge side in the sub terminal

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1547193/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16847_Stinger+SPT822+-Gold-.html

Maybe something like a 4 to 8 gauge reducer. Twist the two 8 gauge wires together and insert them into the 4 gauge opening. :shrug:

Edit: Ninja'd by Eric. But, yeah, what he said.

Edited by R_Mac_1

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

Try T Taps or whatever they are called ..

OR

You cam use Ring terminals and connect both the 8ga wires onto a Small bolt with washers and nuts, and insert that bolt into the Sub voice coil terminal ..

Its hard to explain, but do you get what i mean?

Yes i understand what you're saying. Could maybe do the same with a threaded rod, and small ring terminals, but like skittles said, and i nevre thought about was twisting of some sort and the 2 sides touch.

Twist your 2 8 gauge wires together and stick in the 4 gauge side and screw it down then plug the 8 gauge side in the sub terminal

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1547193/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

Good idea - i need to take out my sub again, for the 3rd time to see how far apart my terminals are and if that'll work. Ffs i hate taking that thing out of my car :( So fuggin heavy

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

http://www.hifisound...sid/0/SFV/30046

Nice. trink40.gif You know your stuff.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

Yes i understand what you're saying. Could maybe do the same with a threaded rod, and small ring terminals, but like skittles said, and i nevre thought about was twisting of some sort and the 2 sides touch.

yeah but if you twist them tight, and maybe use some sort of thread locker or whatever its called to keep them from coming undone

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

or what if i got some thin threaded rod, and cut about an inch or so off of each end of the wire, wrapped it around the rod a few times then took some solder, and torched it to the rod? there would be no way the + and - would touch.

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg