Sonic Electronix

The most stupid car audio rumors

i just love when people think they have a great system cause there trunk is ratteling. when you have a ported box and 2 12s in a trunk with no deadner it better rattle lol. and when people are like dam my shit is hittin way harder then yours. ok then i turn up the bass and they stfu lol

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

12's don't get low

Just show em my vid:

Guess thats one myth busted :good:

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

"The JL W7 is the best subwoofer money can buy"

That's my personal favorite. This is coming from a person who knows nothing but Alpine, JL, Audiobahn, Rockford Fosgate, etc......

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

My favorite is how many watts are you pushin?

Well 1000 rms...

How many watts though?!?

It reminds me of that rapsody commercial with the guy whos like how much did it cost!!! And hes all sad looking.

04' Chevy Blazer

-Kenwood KIV-BT900, Infinity Kappa 462.9cfp's, Rockford P1653's, Subs... Ridin Stock-

Feel like a noob asking this here, but oh well...

Would the "33hz trick" be considered a rumor, or is there some truth behind it?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

At Car Toys the salesman told me hands down that a 15 was too big for my trunk and that they're all sloppy, that's why they don't sell them. I'd do better with 2 10s for "tighter" bass. He also said that a smaller sealed enclosure is best for extending low end and that ported is bad because it's too hard to build a box where the ports don't chuff. Then he tried to sell me a w6.

I drive an Impala BTW with 20 cu. ft. of trunk.

Lines I've heard

your shit ain't louder than mine, your trunk dont' even rattle

man I hit 180 db all day with my 4000 watt speakers , how many watts do your speakers have? not 4000!

as long as you got good positive (wire) it don't matter what kind of ground wire you use (guy was using 18 gauge speaker wire to ground his 500/1)

square waves are not DC

you can/can't blow a sub with too little power (you guys are so off the point... you can kill with a .22 and only mame with a .44... power rating isn't really the issue. If your signal is clipped somewhere along the path you can definitely smoke a coil. If your gains are right you really don't have much to worry about)

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

square waves are not DC

you can/can't blow a sub with too little power (you guys are so off the point... you can kill with a .22 and only mame with a .44... power rating isn't really the issue. If your signal is clipped somewhere along the path you can definitely smoke a coil. If your gains are right you really don't have much to worry about)

I don't see how a signal that is changing polarity 8O times a second (40hz) can be direct. It sounds more like it is alternating to me.

You should see how we set my gains, ain't nothing bad has happened yet. Also, if you play a clipped song it ruins the perfect gain adjustment anyway.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Feel like a noob asking this here, but oh well...

Would the "33hz trick" be considered a rumor, or is there some truth behind it?

It got my ex... :pardon:

Really now? Nice :)

When I get my system built, I'll see if it gets my girl lol

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Archived