Sonic Electronix

The most stupid car audio rumors

"dude my mtx subs did a 127.4!"

"bullshit! what did you measure it with?"

"this app on my iphone"

*facepalm*

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

square waves are not DC

you can/can't blow a sub with too little power (you guys are so off the point... you can kill with a .22 and only mame with a .44... power rating isn't really the issue. If your signal is clipped somewhere along the path you can definitely smoke a coil. If your gains are right you really don't have much to worry about)

I don't see how a signal that is changing polarity 8O times a second (40hz) can be direct. It sounds more like it is alternating to me.

You should see how we set my gains, ain't nothing bad has happened yet. Also, if you play a clipped song it ruins the perfect gain adjustment anyway.

I'm not going over this again...just accept the fact that it IS, in fact, direct for a short period

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Lol!

My favorite, which has already been mentioned, is the MTX Jackhammer. All my friends will swear by it as the greatest thing ever built, though they know nothing about car audio and don't realize a single 12" (or 10" maybe) could put out the same numbers as that big mofo....

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

"18s suck for music"

Then I played some rock with some kick drum action and double kick and watched there jaw drop.. not bad for some 18s huh

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

this expert dude once told me that the SMD 18s would over haet in an instant because of the lower coil has to travel to much in and out of the magnet

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ROCKFORDlogo.jpg

Lol!

My favorite, which has already been mentioned, is the MTX Jackhammer. All my friends will swear by it as the greatest thing ever built, though they know nothing about car audio and don't realize a single 12" (or 10" maybe) could put out the same numbers as that big mofo....

i favorited this youtube video for this exact purpose. show your friends this

"The JL W7 is the best subwoofer money can buy"

That's my personal favorite. This is coming from a person who knows nothing but Alpine, JL, Audiobahn, Rockford Fosgate, etc......

Haha I love that one. My one 12 beat a 12 w7 at the local audio shop, they have a term lab, not sure the numbers but it beat it, not by much but it was louder. They sell the w7 for like a grand and my 12 only cost me 300. Its a Eclipse based off their titanium series with beefier soft parts.

2010 Subaru Impreza

Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD

2 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2

Audison LRx 1.1K

superglue a dildo to the center of the cone....lube it.....then have that dumbass sit on it :good:

while playing a 10hz note

haha, this reminds me of a paintball sticker i have "my balls slap at 300fps"

now I want a sticker that says "i fuck at 10hz"

I was told by a local shop here that DD's 10 gauge direct leads are stupid because 12 gauge works fine for the W7.

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

"dude my mtx subs did a 127.4!"

"bullshit! what did you measure it with?"

"this app on my iphone"

*facepalm*

haha I got a JL app for my iPhone and it said my friends 4 18s did 112 dB. what most people who get those apps dont know or realize is that the iPhones mic distorts after 96 dB. so anything after that will be wrong.

2010 Subaru Impreza

Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD

2 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2

Audison LRx 1.1K

superglue a dildo to the center of the cone....lube it.....then have that dumbass sit on it :good:

while playing a 10hz note

haha, this reminds me of a paintball sticker i have "my balls slap at 300fps"

now I want a sticker that says "i fuck at 10hz"

This is at 4.6dreamer and rebel, I had a T500 the old silver/gray big amps and the same style T1000, The T500 did almost the same as the birth sheet above 1026@1ohm and my T1000 did 1689@1ohm I loved that amp so much. I thought I was cool cuz it would blow up whatever subs I put on it!!! Although now I know what clipping is and realized damn I wasted all the money on subs when I probably just clipped them all to hell.. Oh well I know now and I dont ever let my clipping light turn on at the gain knob.

EDIT I didnt realize I was reading posts from page 13

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Archived