Sonic Electronix

The most stupid car audio rumors

exactly.

im sorry for not getting as specific as saying "a person" instead of "you". i have no idea what that guy can or cant build i was just making a point and it wasnt "you" in my examples. wasnt personal but you took it that way so it hints at the "noob" part again.

sure if you(a person) build a shit box your(a person's) 1st time then you(a person) have a shit box. but now you(a person) build another one and its a little better each time. now, not only do you(a person) have a good box, but you(a person) also know more and arnt such a dumb ass who thinks a prefab box is better. ah shit there i go getting personal. :pardon:

lol, yet i never said a prefab was better. i stated reasons why some think its a better choice for them and that some customs are built poorly enough that a prefab is better built...Do you understand? Instead of reading, you took it how you wanted and made a debate over it.

IF your reason was cause you were too poor to build one and a prefab was cheaper, then which one is better for you? If your custom built box is not up to par then which is better option for you? Cripes its like i have to spell it out in every detail, i thought my post was clearly simple.

*edit: just to note so theres no debate, you cannot say that every custom box built is always better than a prefab, Depends on who builds it an ONLY can occur if everyone could possess such an enclosure and i only listed reasons why some cannot possess such or choose not to...there are many reasons besides just ignorance ya know.

Do you use a prefab subwoofer or custom your own? lol, i mean why end it at the box if were going to get all super geeky about it.

I'm quite sure YOUR box is better than any prefab, but average joe out there who builds one that flexes or has cracks in it....which is now better?

there is no single version of a "custom" that fits all. btw, i can actually build a better box than a prefab and have the tools to do so, i never stated i could not other than the fact i cannot do carpeting at all or make it look perfect, but i can custom build to fit a specific space.

Lets be honest! 18" subs do suck for music! If they were top notch sq drivers people would run them in high end listening rooms. Now everyone beat me down now! I have 18"'s myself And no I could find a better sounding 12" driver by closing my eyes. That doesnt mean I hate my 18" It is what it is. Clean undistorted crazy output. Not very detailed thats for sure. Playing fast transients with a speed bass player is gonna be all over the place! Let the beat down commence!

Lawlz in most home cabniets sq guys will use 15" speakers or bigger. They are not the same as the car audio speakers we use for lowend output. Any sized speakers can be build for any frequncy bandwith within reason. So to say 18" speakers sound like crap on music is a little idiodic to say.

Roseville, CA

yes can be, but i can not see the logic of intentionally changing the tuning of your box. maybe if the tuning was incorrect....but still....i just dont see it as logical.

Fair enough. But there is still good use, I have a small hatch and could use some for a vented enclosure that doesnt quite fit the specs for the subs air space requirements.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

well here it goes, you need a wall to be loud

you need 18's to get loud

12's don't get low

99z's won't play music

sundown is the best amps

you will actually get birth sheet power in your car

sq builds can't be loud

tuning to 28hz makes the box sound good "cause it hits the lowz"

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

well here it goes, you need a wall to be loud

you need 18's to get loud

12's don't get low

99z's won't play music

sundown is the best amps

you will actually get birth sheet power in your car

sq builds can't be loud

tuning to 28hz makes the box sound good "cause it hits the lowz"

i dont get the "99z's won't play music"?:noob:

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

thats all I ever hear the 99z series can't play music they over heat and sound like crap

oh another one to add is DD can't get low

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Lets be honest! 18" subs do suck for music! If they were top notch sq drivers people would run them in high end listening rooms. Now everyone beat me down now! I have 18"'s myself And no I could find a better sounding 12" driver by closing my eyes. That doesnt mean I hate my 18" It is what it is. Clean undistorted crazy output. Not very detailed thats for sure. Playing fast transients with a speed bass player is gonna be all over the place! Let the beat down commence!

i know exactly what you mean. its just like how SQ guys use 3" speakers for midrange, less mass, they react faster. 18"s dont react as fast. i, personally, have never liked how 18"s sound. and lets be honest guys, how many of you have owned SQ subs? one of my 1st sets were IDQ's and everything sounds like shit after them lol. the meca judge heard one bass note from my subs and starts laughing "yep, you definitely have SPL subs" and they were turned WAY down for SQ.

dcyphure... you talk way to damn much. im not even going to bother reading that shit anymore. just stop.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I'm pretty sure it isn't because 18" can't play music, but nobody makes 18" subs with SQ specs in mind. SQ doesn't need that much bass, there is really no point in making one. But it certainly isn't because an 18" sub can't do SQ.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

i know exactly what you mean. its just like how SQ guys use 3" speakers for midrange, less mass, they react faster. 18"s dont react as fast. i, personally, have never liked how 18"s sound. and lets be honest guys, how many of you have owned SQ subs? one of my 1st sets were IDQ's and everything sounds like shit after them lol. the meca judge heard one bass note from my subs and starts laughing "yep, you definitely have SPL subs" and they were turned WAY down for SQ.

dcyphure... you talk way to damn much. im not even going to bother reading that shit anymore. just stop.

even though I own all spl stuff right now I am still an sq guy and I dislike 18's as well, but people just say "I'm hating"

mcintoshsigz.png

Archived