Sonic Electronix

The most stupid car audio rumors

Fair enough. But there is still good use, I have a small hatch and could use some for a vented enclosure that doesnt quite fit the specs for the subs air space requirements.

very true! thats a good point, but how badly will it affect the tuning of the box?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

oh another one to add is DD can't get low

i thought DD, like Fi had a general consensus of being the best subs for the price? so many rave about DD on other forums anyway especially when JL audio subs are concerned, thats a topic that starts a lot of flame wars. that an RE xxx vs w6/w7's

dcyphure... you talk way to damn much. im not even going to bother reading that shit anymore. just stop.

good, cause you never read it to begin with

so of the shit I hear

"yall b hooked up my system, n b wired it wrongz. I wired it like my brothers and it was beatin like a mofo, and it quit, so yall sold me some garbage. I want it fixed under warrenty"

Take the subs out, and they are wired with old house extension cord to some stupid ohm load. then you tell them you cant warranty it because they rewired it..and you get "no I didnt" well I sure as hell didnt use the extension cord off your box fan.

then "I had it hittin harder..so yall did it wrong" well it would still be working if you didnt mess with it

"I got a 3000 watt sub amp and 2 1000 watt highs amps..so I got 5000 watts in my car". Pop the hood, one too small duralast battery. stock alt. 4ga wire. 100 amp fuse...1 set of rca's running it all with like 10 Y's. Then you tell them not gonna happen..then they wanna play math class by adding the big numbers on top of their power ackustik amps..in front of you.

"you dont need a amp kit. A 3 prong extension cord has power/ground/remote in it already..just cut the ends off"

Its ok to run your power wire through the door jam...the jacket protects it.

install bay is the same wire as kicker hyperflex

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

1/0 gauge power wire is too big for running a system with 3 subs and 6 speakers, lol i heard this from a "pro" hahah

System mainly by pioneer.

A DEH-P4200UB head-unit

TS-A6993R 6x9's

TS-A1782R 6 3/4's

GM-D9500F amp powering the speakers

4 SA-8 8" Sundown Audio subs

2 Pioneer GM-D8500M amps for the subs

2 car audio batteries and a 2 farad cap. powering it.

Also sound dampining by Dynamat.

Heard this from a friend today.

Friend: "Dude why do you have a one channel amp??? It's better to have a two channel because you can bridge it and makes more powa than any one channel."

:orly3: :orly3: :orly3: :orly3:

Me: "Your an idiot"(I rant for 20 minutes telling him he doesn't know shit about car audio)

Friend: "What ever dude, a car audio shop told me that why would they lie there pro's.","Your just hating." :santa:

What an Idiot... :ban2: :ban2:

lol

90% of people IMO think that's true. :lol: :lol: :bull: :bull: :bull::noob: :noob: :noob:

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

apparently you're not aware that i'm reffering to the general consumer, not competitors or the audiophile crowd. there are some brands who make boxes ported with 32 and 31 hz tuning btw...( eighty bucks at my local shop). Some brands like Q-logic do tune higher cause well too many general people want it loud, but its 40hz btw, although i'm sure a small few real cheap brands tune higher. but like its reaalll hard to make a slot port a bit longer lol. SO whats your complaint about prefab sealed then?

As for craftsmanship, an ugly box in a nice new car is ghetto. go on youtube, nothing like a W7 subs in a spray painted, filler smeared, butt jointed box in a brand new vehicle..but its not furniture right? lol why the heck anyone cares who buys a prefab or not i'll never know, but technically it can be better for some people for a variety of reasons i mentioned, feel free to go back and read them.

calm down there tex, there are a lot of ghetto boxes out there yes, but im talking about a box that isnt assembled by joe 16 yr old with a chubby because he has his first ride. ive seen plenty of boxes that are built decently, even though they display a bunch of port noise. Hell theres people on here that use roll on bed liner to cover their boxes, its all personal preference and skill level.

Personally i dont prefer a prefab because i like to do things myself, i am in no way good a making a box (yet) and i do own a prefab sealed enclosure until i can get my build under way. but its something diff when you get the people like in my town who talk shit because they can go buy a system with birthday money and try to act like their hot shit when you cant hear the music from the stock speakers over sub enclosure package they bought from a local shop

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(4) Selenium ST200 (Highs)

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

There are several companies building nice prefab sealed. I buy goldwood prefab sealed on my parts express wholesale account for dirt cheap and have been happy with all of them. My wife's car has a Fi Q in a prefab and sounds awesome. . .

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Hifonics HFi12D4 requires 1/0 speaker wire- Radio Shack

Peak power is less than Rms power- friend-sort of

and of course, anything glorifying/overrating the oh so "powerful" mtx

Archived