Sonic Electronix

changed H/Us and now brake lights dont work

well i believe in my last post, i stated that the lights work every way they are supposed to except for when you press the brake pedal, i took bulbs out and looked at them, nothing seems to be busted or fried, but i think i may have a replacement in my glove box, just to be sure i will replace it with new bulbs, but since those lights turn on at night, i would think thats not the problem

is there a special wire or fuse somewhere where it tells the lights to turn on when pedal is pressed, maybe i tripped something that goes from pedal to brake lights, but just by exchanging cd players i doubt it

must be something else and just happen to not notice it until i was told when i had replaced my cd player

Google it on my s10 it says that sometimes after hooking up an aftermarket deck my switch for

My cluster lights will go out and mine did.. After like 5 different head units which is weird but got a new one and hasn't busted since..

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Alpine cda 9886

4 AA Mayhem 15"s dual 1.4

1 Dc 9k

10.5 cubes tuned at 36hz

156.1 dash 154.6 meca mod 4 157.0 kick

2 xs power d3100s

mechman 270 amp

2011 Ca state champ meca modified 4 and p&p 4..

VIDEOS.............BUILD LOG

well i believe in my last post, i stated that the lights work every way they are supposed to except for when you press the brake pedal, i took bulbs out and looked at them, nothing seems to be busted or fried, but i think i may have a replacement in my glove box, just to be sure i will replace it with new bulbs, but since those lights turn on at night, i would think thats not the problem

is there a special wire or fuse somewhere where it tells the lights to turn on when pedal is pressed, maybe i tripped something that goes from pedal to brake lights, but just by exchanging cd players i doubt it

must be something else and just happen to not notice it until i was told when i had replaced my cd player

Earlier tonight my friend had a brake light out, the bulb looked fine, but it didn't work. His bulb was a dual filament bulb, and one filament was burnt out. I replaced it and it was fine. If your brake light is also your parking light, then it's a dual filament bulb, and the brake light part may be burnt out and the other one is fine. If that is the case then it might just simply be your bulbs.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Hmmm sounds like my Blazer the stereo rattled the pins loose in the switch for my hazard lights and it caused my parking lights to work but when I pressed the brake I had nothing but the top 3rd brake light... Sometimes I would or wouldn't have turn signals... If I played around with the switch it would sometimes work.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

alright found the issue, the guy about the dual filament was right

i checked them but i found out that even though it looked like it was connected, one of the filaments was all there but the connection

was just barely not touching, lol

dunno if the subs rattle it off, or if it just broke partially due to other factors, i doubt the subs would be at fault i do not have much of a system in the way of power, just running about 200rms to two 15 CVRs

bulbs.

You said the third still worked.

which means the circut works.

Replace the bulbs.

Prob 1157's

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz