Sundown Audio

Originally Posted on my SSA forum by Anton Miller.

My Sa-12 testing session - SSA Car Audio Forum

----------

did some testing with an sa-12 yesterday, and i was amazed at what these little "entry level" subs can do. on with the testing:

Car: 1997 Chevy Cavalier z24 w/sunroof

Electrical: stock alt, yellow top up front, kinetic 1800 in back, 2/0 welding cable all around

Amplifier: One SAZ-3000

Enclosure: 2.7 cube box sub back 6inch aero port firing toward driver side wheel well.

Subwoofer: One Sa-12

all testing done using the midwest spl format, meter on dash with window open, my car typically loses.4-.5 by sealing it up. also the subwoofer was brand new out of the box when i started these tests, i did the tests in the order they are listed. back to back about 2 minutes between burps.

testing results:

144.8 db @ 42hz on 550 watts

146.1 db @ 42 hz on 906 watts

147.3 db @ 42 hz on 1550 watts

147.2 db @ 42 hz on 1760 watts

146.0 @ thug motivation song on 1360 watts

subwoofer must have peaked out at around 1500 watts in this enclosure, but im very impressed with this as the best my BTL can do on 1900 watts was a 148.3 officially this same day.

sorry no pics or videos, i was with a shop owner trying to get him to pick up sundown in his shop. might have convinced him its a very nice product! i will try to get some pics of the TL readout as well as some videos tomorrow or tuesday.

Thanks for your time,

Anton Miller

----------

its a very nice sub! i wouldnt want to go over 900 watts for too long on music, i had it going at 1300 watts for a while there and the coils got a little stinky, but nothing too bad... plus thing box is f'n huge for this sub, just a good comparison vrs a BTL.

Anton Miller

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

You can't go wrong with Sundown

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

How many watts would you feel comfortable pushing daily on music with one of those. I keep seeing everybody clamping them on stupid amounts of power compared to the RMS rating but it's always tones and burps. I'm wanting two and want to know what they can handle safely daily tuned around 38hz-42hz ish.

Edited by JMZNeal

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

Highs: 2 ID CD.1 MH HLCD 8ohm off a RF 400.4 3khz /\