best way to burp?

Rogers

Boilermaker what do you mean No...???? Rolling is better for you equpiment period FYI subs don't like to go from dead stop to full excursion in a split second also easyer on the electrical I allways roll it up and posted my biggest numbers doing so

:werd_msword:

although i do like pause/play just for the simplicity.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

The old dB Drag style without the cycle sample it was always a straight burp BUT, the new sensors its always best to unpause at a lower level and then to a semi quick roll to your set volume for the best score. This is where people get confused. So if its on any sensor of any kind roll into it and also this is safer for your system it gives your amp/subs to create and adjust the proper rise rather than full signal power at the lower start load on the amp/s.

-Donald Hebig1989 Blazer S10 4x4-Four Fi BTL N3 15" "Ruthless bass!"-Four pair of American Bass VFL 8", 6.5", and tweets-Sundown SAZ 1500(2550wrms=156 dB) 92+ Psychlone RTA. Fully off-road capable street build. Built for music.-----------Bringing Sound Quality to a whole new level.--------------dB Drag: Personal best 161.3 sealed up and 158+ Bass Race.USACi: -Canadian SB5 Record holder-Canadian SM 4001+ Record holder

Rolling is better for your gear, generally.

It allows impedance rise to build first which keeps your amps safe and it also allows the wave to align in the car and for pressure to build on either side of the cone so that the first couple of strokes don't slam the coil into the bottom plate or anything dumb like that.

The one time I would say pause-burping can be beneficial is in low Street class cars where you're not running enormous power or generating tremendous pressure but you're hard up against your electrical (single small battery) so a pause burp can help get the most out of your amps before voltage drops pwns you.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Rolling is better for your gear, generally.

It allows impedance rise to build first which keeps your amps safe and it also allows the wave to align in the car and for pressure to build on either side of the cone so that the first couple of strokes don't slam the coil into the bottom plate or anything dumb like that.

The one time I would say pause-burping can be beneficial is in low Street class cars where you're not running enormous power or generating tremendous pressure but you're hard up against your electrical (single small battery) so a pause burp can help get the most out of your amps before voltage drops pwns you.

VERY well said, i had a Soundstream 4K @ 0.25 ohms that worked great rollin up the volume, not so well when i used pause/play burp at high volume :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

yeah...ok so... ill roll into it and then pause it for a second and then burp it hard... i mean it cant hurt to try both...lol surely i can accomplish that in 30 seconds... thanks for the great info guys... i also wondered... if my score would be louder at the headrest or on the windshield... i think i have that choice in MECA S3

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Rogers... in MECA the only class that has the sensor on the windshield is X1 and X2. all amatuer street, street, and modified use the headrest location (amatuer street driver headrest only)

Doing a pause to make it full blast in .2 seconds is TERRIBLE on equipment, and even on the vehicle to be honest. lol

This is what we do:

(The Boswell's "DDBEAST" as an example)

the volume is set on the radio at 15. we pause it at the right freq. then when the meter is on and it's a "go" we unpause it, and roll the volume steady and quickly to 30.

now... we did "burp" so to speak by doing the pause/unpause thing at full vol once... totally by mistake. we actually did a fantastic score, but ripped a hole in the car and ripped the spiders on the sub in the process. an expensive mistake that wasn't worth the .4dB in any case.

so the correct answer is to Roll it in... to avoid any problems.

You can't just say one is better then the other. That is an equipment dependent question. My Cactus Sounds amps like to be rolled. My Incriminator Audio 40.1 amps LOVED to be hard burped. My Incriminator Audio 20.1 amps loved to be rolled. My Crossfire Amps like it rolled also. The Memphis 4kWs in my van now don't care either way.

So in short, test to see what is better for your gear.

Cactus Sounds USA Team Captain

Multiple World Record Holders

Archived