Sundown Audio

class g/h amplifiers

baaudio

so im familiar with class a/b and class d. but i just saw today that the cerwin-vega stroker 2000.1 is a class g/h? whats the deal with these?

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

arc se4000

and many others have been using it for years

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

If I remember right they have lots of secondary taps on the transformers which give you loads of different rail voltages. Then it passes the load between rails as the output voltage rises. I think it's a bit more efficient and you can have a lot more secondary voltage capacitance but otherwise I can't remember why they do it...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

If I remember right they have lots of secondary taps on the transformers which give you loads of different rail voltages. Then it passes the load between rails as the output voltage rises. I think it's a bit more efficient and you can have a lot more secondary voltage capacitance but otherwise I can't remember why they do it...

so what does that mean? sorry i suck with technical talk lol

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

sound close to a/b, with the perks of current in D class

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Class G amplifiers (which use "rail switching" to decrease power consumption and increase efficiency) are more efficient than Class AB amplifiers. These amplifiers provide several power rails at different voltages and switch between them as the signal output approaches each level. Thus, the amplifier increases efficiency by reducing the wasted power at the output transistors. Class G amplifiers are more efficient than Class AB but less efficient when compared to Class D, without the negative EMI effects of Class D.

That what info i found about those types of amps. cause im like you i haven't heard of them before

Build in progress

Alpine CDEHD-138BT

Alpine SPX-17PRO 2x

Alpine SWS-15d2 2x

Alpine PDX-V9 2x

Alpine PDX-M12

Stinger SPC5050

Stinger 1/0ga and 4ga

Audioquest interconnects and Speaker wire

Dynomat 10455 mega bulk pak

Dynomat 1/8 and 1/4 liner

All that in a Reg cab truck and it wont be a blow though

Class H amplifiers take the idea of Class G one step further creating an infinitely variable supply rail. This is done by modulating the supply rails so that the rails are only a few volts larger than the output signal at any given time. The output stage operates at its maximum efficiency all the time. Switched-mode power supplies can be used to create the tracking rails. Significant efficiency gains can be achieved but with the drawback of more complicated supply design and reduced THD performance.

idk what the advantage would be of an g/h amp

Build in progress

Alpine CDEHD-138BT

Alpine SPX-17PRO 2x

Alpine SWS-15d2 2x

Alpine PDX-V9 2x

Alpine PDX-M12

Stinger SPC5050

Stinger 1/0ga and 4ga

Audioquest interconnects and Speaker wire

Dynomat 10455 mega bulk pak

Dynomat 1/8 and 1/4 liner

All that in a Reg cab truck and it wont be a blow though

Class H amplifiers take the idea of Class G one step further creating an infinitely variable supply rail. This is done by modulating the supply rails so that the rails are only a few volts larger than the output signal at any given time. The output stage operates at its maximum efficiency all the time. Switched-mode power supplies can be used to create the tracking rails. Significant efficiency gains can be achieved but with the drawback of more complicated supply design and reduced THD performance.

idk what the advantage would be of an g/h amp

*cough* wikipedia *cough*

I'm guessing that most of these are mainly used to sell stuff. I'm sure that the specs are so close that you are better off going for class A/B or class D, depending on what you need.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Archived