Second Skin Audio

SMD 18 vs DC LVL 5 18.....winner has been chosen on pg 9

CJ18

I dont think you'll have to wait long... I'd love to swap them out in mine and see what they do...

do it up, im sure they are capable of it, and i would like to see them put up numbers. i have nothing against the sub, the lvl 5 is cheaper, and has *so far* been proven louder.. saw a few smd sub builds with some disappointing numbers...

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

But in the end his budget would still point him to the LVL5's, that 1000-1200 price tag of the SMD is if you get it direct from the factory, now if since he said he has an AA dealer near him, you can expect that price to be at least 50percent higher if not more, that puts the retail at about 1700 a piece, now I dont know if he has a DC dealer near him, but either way the LVL5 will be most likely about half the price of the SMD's give or take a hundered per woofer. Im not arguing which is a better sub, I am just stating the facts about prices and his stated budget.....

EDIT:

As NDM and Steve have corrected me the SMD is Just a lil over 1000 over retail not what I stated, My Bad

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

lets see it happen boilmaker then only you will know what really is good!!!

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

OH GOD LOL....

SSSSSSSSSS

You don't understand how much energy 180+dB is do you?

It is so much energy that it will compress the water out of the air inside of the cabin and leave nothing but water on the passenger side of the car. When you burp these kinds of cars you don't hear anything on the outside...you open the door up and the entire passenger side of the vehicle where the pressure is being built up and air is being compressed/squeezed is soaking wet. Depending on elevation and humidity of course.

It will rip your eyeballs out of their sockets...if it doesn't do that it will bust blood vessels and give you a headache that you will not forget for many years...if you do live through it.

Riprock and those guys are stupid loud.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

LMAO at the eyeball ripping...

The bold thing would be easy to do. Take 4 vehicles, with 18's (either SMD's or DC), and swap to the other sub and get numbers... Its that easy... And can be done in one day... I'll ship my vehicle anywhere to help with this test... Hell, I'll even help change out the subs, cuz it wont be fun, not even a little...

No..you don't get it.

What if this sub likes this box better then that box? What if this one has higher impedance rise then that one does so it gets 1/4 of the power but is still only 1dB behind that one?

There is NO definitive way to say "Yes this is louder then this"

Can you not see that? There are BILLIONS of variables when it comes to acoustics...god help you if you ever had to do some of the stuff that i've done on 757's and 767's with acoustic treatments...

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

It is so much energy that it will compress the water out of the air inside of the cabin and leave nothing but water on the passenger side of the car. When you burp these kinds of cars you don't hear anything on the outside...you open the door up and the entire passenger side of the vehicle where the pressure is being built up and air is being compressed/squeezed is soaking wet. Depending on elevation and humidity of course.

It will rip your eyeballs out of their sockets...if it doesn't do that it will bust blood vessels and give you a headache that you will not forget for many years...if you do live through it.

DAMMMNN!

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

That is pretty fucking extreme, being noob to CA, the 180+ db compresses water out of the air? that's fucking crazy.

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

For those still concerned about price, the OP did state his local AA dealer was willing to work something out. A couple hundred more for the SMD would be worth it in my opinion.

And actually...yes i have heard both. Both are incredible, and have even hit up rusty for running level 5s in my next project. SMDs....much much later since there are no local dealers in Alaska

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

But in the end his budget would still point him to the LVL5's, that 1000-1200 price tag of the SMD is if you get it direct from the factory, now if since he said he has an AA dealer near him, you can expect that price to be at least 50percent higher if not more, that puts the retail at about 1700 a piece, now I dont know if he has a DC dealer near him, but either way the LVL5 will be most likely about half the price of the SMD's give or take a hundered per woofer. Im not arguing which is a better sub, I am just stating the facts about prices and his stated budget.....

MSRP is right about 1 grand for a 18 or 15...

Where you are getting 1700 bucks from I haven't a clue. That is asinine.

lol 32 users reading...to op are you bent on 2 18s maybe 4 15s i dont know just throwing that out there

edit 38 users

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

Archived