2 DR Kirkland TN WSF / Memphis 122.4

DB 5

Place Competitor State Team Score

1 Eric Alexnder OH Team Livewire 134.4

2 Josh Newton KY Carlisle Acoustics / Sundown / Xstatic 127.4

3 Chris Gregory KY WSF / True Bass / Sundown 127.2

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

was cool to meet Alpine and Skittles... cool dudes. great job guys

and nmd mustang... didn't know it was you if i did talk to you at all... I know i was in the middle of all of the drama with you guys.

David, Mickey, and quite a few others got jipped. period. the judges were wrong. they know it. they have to know it.

Team Pulse will not return to MECA.

I am looking into doing some NSPL shows, and TDH is doing the same. this should give all you big hitters a new WELCOMED home to play. Without all the freakin drama.

I am actually tore up over this whole thing.

I actually had to get loud for once with my mouth. Those who know me know I'm a pretty calm dude. So for me to get vocal... ya know.

I even heard that the judges were talking about kicking me out for "instigating" b/c I brought something to their attention that THEY f'd up on. The competitor says "he didn't know". I told him as I will say here... I understand it sucks if you didn't know that you couldn't do that... but the rules also state that the competitor is responsible for knowing the rules in his/her class. That is his fault.

that being said... the judges knew they messed up by allowing this to get through to finals round when it was in plain sight, and they simply f'd up. Then they allowed the competitor to switch out the part in question... which the rules say you cannot change equipment after you qualify.

you can change a sub for sub but it has to be the same brand,model, size, etc.

you can't say go from a Sundown 15 to a DC 15

Now they said.... Batteries don't count... the problem with that is there is a rule that says "all equipment including batteries must be mounted in the cargo area of the vehicle (not externally)"

That doesn't take a genius to figure out.

but b/c the judge made the error on qualifying day and said he could run and he was verified... this guy got through. He won and congrats to him (wasn't his fault the judges f'd up)

now... then you go to David Berger and Mickey's trucks.

that was horsecrap...I will let David and the crew explain that...

I've never exactly been friends with David myself... but when you are f'd out of a world title the way this was done... it really will piss you off.

Hands down David and Mickey should be world title holders, and even the judges and people at the event knew that.

That is why sunday was a ghost town at finals... MECA judges had pissed off sooooo many people that some even left and went home.

I would like to say congrats to all of the winners that TRULY deserve the titles they won. You know who you are, b/c you built, and won the old fashioned way... with hard work and dedication. Not with bending, breaking and even stomping on rules that are intended to make it a level playing field.

I will miss these great competitors and truly hope to meet them again sometime as they are all top notch competitors and true class acts...

Tommy K

Ben Hemp

Bola

Eric Alexander

Chris Releford

Alpine

Skittles

Dave Clews and the guys from 12v Daves

Mickey and Dave

John Vrooman

and everyone else that have the true spirit of this sport pumping through their veins.

Team Pulse will be looking into NSPL for the 2011 season. Meca will no longer be called our home.

ps... (I'm sure Rick or Chris will have something to say) Any judge from meca that would like to voice their own opinion on this... go for it... knock yourself out. You don't scare me, bottom line is... if you did the job you were supposed to do, MECA would be the strongest club in the USA in audio competition... YOU are the reason for one of the most horrible shows EVER that a lot of competitors have ever attended. I am so ashamed that I supported MECA for the past years and put the faith in you guys to do what was right for the spirit of this sport. I encouraged alot of people to join MECA and I personally out of pocket invested over 8,000.00 on 3 shows in 2010 and 10,000.00 in 2009... and that was just my shows, not even the other events we attended.

I had a lot of respect for Chris, Rick, Steve, and all of WSF until this year. you guys are low. And to the judge that told me I had no say in the matter, you are sadly mistaken. Get your head out of your ass.

You will find out the backlash of your actions in the upcoming season I am sure.

Good luck, you will undoubtedly need it.

I'm sure you will have a great finals in 2011 with just WSF having a bbq in steve's back yard.

Wow I missed the spl drama but I can say your not alone i know a lot of sq guys that are just as pissed off

I honestly missed and have no say in the matter it was my first meca finals so I went with the flow learned a lot and met a bunch of top notch competiors thanks for the kind words I still had a blast!!!

I can only hope good guys like pulse car audio will some day come back to meca I just met you guys and was hoping to do so again if not I wish you all the luck in your new endeavors

I'm horrible with names but remember every one I met and felt welcome and I thank you for that

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived