Sonic Electronix

really depends on the person. i personally run the bass off of the headunit. of course a bass knob can make it easier, but its just personal preference

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

well if the bass knob adjusts the gains then yes...it can cause clipping. using the gain is not bad, but using the gain and not knowing what youre doing is bad. there are many ways of creating clipped signals. if you dont know what youre doing.....just leave it alone, lol. but just because youre using the bass on the headunit does not mean you can not clip

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i stopped using bass knobs a long time ago. adds one more factor to be able to overdo things. it also helps my amp doesnt come with and has a clipping light 8)

PLUS you may know what youre doin, but what about the person in the passenger seat? the first thing any person will do is touch the button(or knob in this case)

Edited by Mr. Darkjustice

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

i love the bass knob........ every time i demo, i turn the deck up to my listening volume and then, i let it play a little them get nice and comfortable nod their heads........ and then TWIST SURPRISE EAR SEX BIIOOTCH!!

they usually dont see the knob cuz its in my hand in my lap haha

edit:i guess its the same in a way but a lot of people dont like knobs idk y

Edited by Red-navi-916

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

i love the bass knob........ every time i demo, i turn the deck up to my listening volume and then, i let it play a little them get nice and comfortable nod their heads........ and then TWIST SURPRISE EAR SEX BIIOOTCH!!

they usually dont see the knob cuz its in my hand in my lap haha

lol thats funny

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

I love my bass knob its saved me multiple times driving by police late at night or in the day, also same as previous poster I like to scare people with it :D but yes it can deffinatly cause additonal clipping if not properly adjusted.

Team Bassick

HU: Pioneer DEH-4200UB

Front: Pioneer TS-A1683R

Rear: Pioneer TS-T110

Amp: Kicker KX600.4

Subs: PSI 18" Platform 1

Amp: Audiopipe 1500D

Electrical: Big III, Stinger SPV-40, Stock ALT

SCORE: N/A