Wireless Question

i want to know if i will have faster internet with a Gigabit ExpressCard Adapter and a gigabit router then if i just use a regular router and my "stock" 54mbs dell wirless card. thanks

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Thanks, you guys have been a big help.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

I don't really know alot about the Gigabit routers..Seems to me the router won't really make a difference..You have a set speed through your internet service provider..Like me I have a 5 Mb max on my downloads...Someone on here should be able to tell you something. Have you ever been www.speakeasy.net and check your bandwidth speed...It tells you how fast your download and upload speeds are...

I doubt you would notice much of a difference. Like zax said most internet providers limit the internet connections so there would be no way that you would max out that 54mb connection. It would also depend on what kind of router that you have now because when i switched from a older netgear router that had a firewall and limited connections to a newer linksys it upped my speed quite a bit but i only really notice if i am downloading something big like movies.

layiddownih2da0.jpg

ill try it. i realize that your limited to your internet provider but i just want faster speeds.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Look if you want to increase your speeds a little try this program...TCP/Ip Optimizer...Hook me up with an email address and I will send it to you...You can dial in your broadband connection on your computer...For instance you have 5 megs down, you move the slider on the program to 5 megs and then you hit the optimal button settings then it asks you to restart your computer...Then it is optimized for 5 megs down..It made a hell of a difference in my setup...

a new router/faster router wont really do anything. the speed of the router (in your case 54 MBps) refers to how fast your router can transfer speeds on your internal network. so in other words, you can transfar things from computer-to-computer wirelessly in your house (your lan) at 54 MBps. to give you a idea of how fast that is, USB 2.0 is 480 MBps. what i have found to make your internet "seem" faster without actually BEING faster is, if you own a linksys router, if you install a firmware called DD-WRT. you can boost the wireless signal and you can mess around with alot of settings. you can turn a $40 router into one that performs like a $200 router. your webpages will open alot faster with the speedbooster setting enabled (and you dont even have to own a linksys router that has speedbooster) and also if you use firefox and enable network pipelining, webpages will load 2-3 times faster. although nothing will affect your download speeds at all (except for getting a new internet plan of course) you will notice a serious difference in the amount of time it takes for webpages to load. hope this helped you out Slinky and i hope that XP Game Edition is working for you :)

16321145278.jpg

It will mostly depend on how fast you can download from your ISP. So say you got a 15 Mbps DL connection a 100 Mbps router would still be plenty fast. Gigabit LAN and stuff will mostly benefit those who transfer a lot over LAN and won't take as long as 100 Mbps would.

100 Mbps will transfer at 12.5 MB/s.

1000/Gigabit will transfer at 125 MB/s.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

the only way you would notice a difference is if your incoming connection is faster than your network connection. i.e. you have fiber optic to the home (verizon fios) or some other type of extremely high speed connection. if you are planning on playing games with your pc, i personally would not go wireless, wired is the way to go. wireless just casues lag spikes and poor registration in fps games (counter strike, call of duty, etc.)

12" fi q

rf t10001

naw mean