DC Sound Lab

DC Subs are killing my radio

yeah man it sonds like a voltage drop issue

I run a system off a spare battery in my bedroom, the way you know its time to charge, is that it shuts down for a second when the voltage gets low. Same thing in my boat when I'm not running it. Its time to charge when your radio or amps power off for a sec and recharge in order to turn back on. I dont have a Volt meter in my boat or bedroom so idk how low its getting. All I do know is that it does exactly what youre saying. 10 volts is hella voltage loss and your deck thinks so too. :nea:

ty

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

i have a pioneer navigation AVIC-Z110BT...i dont use cds..ipod and usb is the way to go..but anywho i love my pioneer

i have the same HU. i used a cd for tones the 1st time the other day and it didnt skip when i burped a 151.

yeah man it sonds like a voltage drop issue

I run a system off a spare battery in my bedroom, the way you know its time to charge, is that it shuts down for a second when the voltage gets low. Same thing in my boat when I'm not running it. Its time to charge when your radio or amps power off for a sec and recharge in order to turn back on. I dont have a Volt meter in my boat or bedroom so idk how low its getting. All I do know is that it does exactly what youre saying. 10 volts is hella voltage loss and your deck thinks so too. :nea:

ty

thats not good... constantly draining a battery down to 10v will kill the battery. every time a battery is run down, it looses capacity. and if the hu is turning off, its getting to 10-9v

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i have the same HU. i used a cd for tones the 1st time the other day and it didnt skip when i burped a 151.

thats not good... constantly draining a battery down to 10v will kill the battery. every time a battery is run down, it looses capacity. and if the hu is turning off, its getting to 10-9v

It's dropped to 9 volts a couple times and the radio never shut off. so I am wondering it I might have a loose connection or the radio is going bad. it started going into failure on the display about 6 months ago but now it just shuts off. maybe I shouldn't have got a refurbishment radio.

I guess I need to go and get an alpine or a jvc or a pioneer.

and I am looking at getting another battery. red or yellow top optima. Which ones better?

Edited by Twiztid

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

so your running a sundown 1500 at .66 ohms on pretty much stock electrical and no extra batts. all i have to say is wow. fix your voltage and your problems will proly stop. your gonna burn everything up eventually. get the headunit that derrick is talking about. if his shit isnt skipping then you will be good

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

Agrred with loudciv... you can always sell batts that you bought if you don't need them for the new car but 10 volts isbad. After you fix your voltage problem then go and get a new hu....

Alpine ftw

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

I say dont listen to derrick about cd's, it took him like 10 minutes to find a song lmao. Glad hes using a ipod now :D But yea i say get a new headunit, dont go cheap on them its the key source to the system. Maybe the headunit is starting to fry from low voltage, i think you should back off the .66 ohms from that sundown amp till you get the power to back it up and keep it living.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

and another thing to add by me saying you will eventually burn everything up im not just talking about audio equipment. you can fry your cars computer from low voltage along with other electrical parts so i would be careful. i also think you should beef up your electrical before you get a new headunit

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

and another thing to add by me saying you will eventually burn everything up im not just talking about audio equipment. you can fry your cars computer from low voltage along with other electrical parts so i would be careful. i also think you should beef up your electrical before you get a new headunit

^this. electrical is the backbone of a system, fix that 1st.

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg