It will be on a toggle switch and Im going to throw a piece of 20% on the plexi cover. It's definatley bright. Won't know til I get it in. Stinger meter is bright enough so I probably won't drive with the vu on at night.

Its a audison vcra. Just their bass knob for their amps.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Finally got somewhere. Was almost completely done sanding Saturday afternoon and during the process the sides that I said earlier worried me gave way and it started to snap on half where the vudin slides in along the edges in my hands. So. 4 layers of fiberglass on the small areas later and another 3 hours of sanding I got it back to where it was Saturday on Sunday. Just got done in the workshop now and got it almost all trimmed up. I'm planning on using some decoration "string" I guess, not sure exactly. Almost like a yarn material my brother used on his door panels to go around the edge of the toggle switch plexi to give it a clean edge. Got it pretty much wired up on the console itself, just need to run wires in the car. Should have it in this week probably. Waiting on the new head unit to get here to pull the dash apart. Took a few to decide on this material. It's the headliner type material I wrapped my pillars in. I actually like how it looks a lot. Brings the pillars together very nicely. On to the pics

IMAG0738.jpg

IMAG0739.jpg

IMAG0740.jpg

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

please dont take offense but i dont like it at all. i think it would have looked much better in vinyl or somethign and the pieces dont look quite centered.

They probably are off a tad. Measured 4 times but I know the audison knob looks off compared to the stinger meter. The toggle switches are centered. There's just more fabric left on the left. I didn't cut it down yet so I could wrap the edge if I need to. And honestly I really wanted to do it in vinyl. I just don't have luck working with it. If its not a flat smooth surface I can't do it. Once I get near a curve or corner with vinyl I fuck the whole thing up. Honestly I should just build a whole console instead of working around the limitations of this one but haven't bothered yet. Tired of the car but don't know what I plan to do with it. Most likely keep it and make it loud once I have a different daily driver.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Archived