Do any good double dins exist?

Just wondering if anyone can give me a few models that are worth a damn for less than $500 besides pioneer. My brother has been looking and looking but can't find anything with decent features and a decent RCA output.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

pioneer will have the best features for the price.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Alpine w205 is badass I ran one for awhile n loved it and its features, actually just sold it to kickassaudio

117v1h5.png

2005 Lariat F-150

On 30 inch DUBS

6 Crossfire XS-V2 18's

2 Cactus 12k's, 1 Cactus 1000, 1 sundown 100.4

12 - 6.5 Crescendo mids and 4 Crescendo supertweets

SMD 340 alt, Mechman 270 alt

7 NSB 170 batterys

Just trying to find something other then pioneer. I love the looks of the 4200 but my brother who is the one needing a new one doesn't like pioneer that much

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

the alpine 205 sucks!!! I lost over 1 db using it for a external headunit for bassrace and db drag..

The alpine cda-105 which uses the same pre out voltage, and lack there of a eq settings. but over a db louder then the 204..

Even the newest top dollar alpine unit is crap.. It feels like its made from dual or jensen parts... buttons are cheap single color backdrops and illumination keys.

None of the alpine flipouts or double dins offer usb, and me hating ipods needs my usb... or try to find a discontinued usb adapter that runs thru ai-net and dont hold a memory... yea right.... Ill get right on that.

Alpine is really failing hard this year.

Personally think the Pioneers or JVC headunits are the way to go according to cost, and options.

It's just weird with pioneer. Never had an issue but from using many different pioneers, kenwoods, and a few alpines, and some odd balls the sound was just kind of flat with the pioneer always and just seemed kind of dull. Never had one using all external amps though so maybe just need to consider Pioneer..

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Lol, you're kidding, right? You really used a DD as an external deck? LOL... Try the Alpine 7909, or 7949...

Yes, true story..... LMAO!

I wanted to be different then everyone else.... LOL

It ran right thru my alpine 11band eq which boosts my preouts up to 4volts then the sub channel straight to my maxx-link which I have set for about 6.5volts...

So everything was identical in the system except headunits. LOL

I also tried a CDA-102 a week later for a external unit and was right on par with the cda-105 in the dash.

SAM_0136.jpg

SAM_0137.jpg

SAM_0142.jpg

SAM_0144.jpg