Post your Windows Experience Index

I think its time for you guys to upgrade to a ssd, trust me its totally worth it, its actually a bigger overall performance upgrade than going from dual core to quad core

Depends what you do. If you not doing something CPU/memory intensive, then sure.

Would there be any way to transfer all the system files from my current harddrive to a new SSD harddrive, or would I need to reinstall windows on the new drive?

Make a disk image. Quite a few programs out there for doing it.

figured i would post my real clock, took me a lot of tweaking and cmos resets to get it this high!! lol, but from what ive read people have had the Q6700 stable at 3.9, i sure as hell cant get it that high though...

-image snipped out-

Not bad. Lots of Q6600's and 6700's went 3.6-4.0+ pretty easily (most G0 revision). There's a few duds out there though ;) The big trick was setting the northbridge strap speed because that limited you long before cpu vcore/frequency or memory did usually ;)

I'm debating building a peltier based cooler for the northbridge of my dual E5450 system. With dry ice on the board I can get to 426mhz.. without it 400mhz is tops. Darn server chipsets lol ;)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Depends what you do. If you not doing something CPU/memory intensive, then sure.

Make a disk image. Quite a few programs out there for doing it.

Not bad. Lots of Q6600's and 6700's went 3.6-4.0+ pretty easily (most G0 revision). There's a few duds out there though ;) The big trick was setting the northbridge strap speed because that limited you long before cpu vcore/frequency or memory did usually ;)

I'm debating building a peltier based cooler for the northbridge of my dual E5450 system. With dry ice on the board I can get to 426mhz.. without it 400mhz is tops. Darn server chipsets lol ;)

Im fairly new to all of this, i originaly built this pc a few years ago, its the first one ive ever built, since then ive upgraded the ram, mobo, video card and fans, i think next ima try to get a Q9650 and liquid cooling. Pics of current setup below...

DSC01814.jpgDSC01824.jpgDSC01816-1.jpgDSC01810.jpg

I think its time for you guys to upgrade to a ssd, trust me its totally worth it, its actually a bigger overall performance upgrade than going from dual core to quad core

The stats don't do my I/O justice... 7200RPM drives in R0 does just fine. I'm still not on the SSD bandwagon, they aren't cheap/big enough yet.

figured i would post my real clock, took me a lot of tweaking and cmos resets to get it this high!! lol, but from what ive read people have had the Q6700 stable at 3.9, i sure as hell cant get it that high though...cpu.png

Im fairly new to all of this, i originaly built this pc a few years ago, its the first one ive ever built, since then ive upgraded the ram, mobo, video card and fans, i think next ima try to get a Q9650 and liquid cooling. Pics of current setup below...

Mine will run close to 4 and does, just not in the warmer months (makes it too hot in here).

I'm actually a geek by trade... I've been in IT for 15-16 years and "doing this" for 18, those specs are kind of just one of 5 computers that are running most of the time, not including laptops (mine and the wifes).

I was laid off for 8 months, but I'm back to work doing freelance so I have to get my game back up to par. Reloading a couple PCs around here to get back on my A game as I'm a bit rusty.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

My pc is coming up on being almost 5 yrs old... not too bad for a budget build pc, only had to replace a powersupply...

Dunno why its not showing my actual OC speed of 2.93ghz on my cpu :/ MY 800mhz RAM is OC'd to 950mhz...

pcperformance.png

Here's one I just did with my cpu @ 3.13ghz, its seen a +0.8ghz overclock for almost 5 years on the stock cooler and have had 0 problems out of it... Running it at 1.35volts.. No heat problems even with hours of gaming when it has reached 90degrees in my room. I've had it as high as 3.43ghz (had more left in it) on the stock air cooler at 1.4v but didn't wanna push it that far and lose longevity... It was a def a bulletproof lil processor when it came out... My dad was running that exact same setup as me except he had patriot RAM, we had the same 680i SE chipset mb, and his e6600 didn't like much over 3.3ghz and its factory speed was 2.66ghz...

pcperformance2.png

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Nice man! I have one in the basement running [email protected] and another [email protected]... They are both extremely old, can't remember off of the top of my head, but whenever the 1.8 and 3.0 P4's came out is how old they are :ph34r:

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Archived