Sonic Electronix

i would really like to see your logic in your statment.. How do you see the SD series being an "spl-oriented woofer"?

They can be sealed just wont be as loud. if you need to do sealed for a few days/weeks/months you wont have a problem...

as for your debate between 15's or 12's how much power are you going to be running?

i base my opinion on the fact that there is no information on audioque's site regarding sealed boxes, only ported. there wouldnt be a problem of course, its not like a sealed box will cause the woofer to crack the motor in half or something rofl.

Zach i think you should do one HDC 15 and a 2200.

no more choking of woofers

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

First off the notion that porte boxes are louder always gets my blood boiling! Ported boxes are louder in only a small bandwitdth. Second a ported box allows a sub to play lower in a smaller box.......Smaller you say. "I can put a sealed box sub in 1 cube if I tried to port it I would need to make it atleast 1.5 or bigger. When building a sq box for a sealed box the box has to be big if you want to pick up anything lower than 40hz with signifigant output. Ported is a good way to short cut that. That sub will sound bad in a small sealed box. It will play no lower 45hz. If you put it in an ib set up or a large sealed box 6 cubes and up It will probably sound pretty good. Not to practical in a car

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

THe HDC isn't recommended in sealed box, because the BBP is (very) high.

So ported only, because if u put it in a sealed box it will sound like shit except if the box is big.

The suspension on the HDC is very hard.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

THe HDC isn't recommended in sealed box, because the BBP is (very) high.

So ported only, because if u put it in a sealed box it will sound like shit except if the box is big.

The suspension on the HDC is very hard.

reading > you

he asked about SD series

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

i would really like to see your logic in your statment.. How do you see the SD series being an "spl-oriented woofer"?

They can be sealed just wont be as loud. if you need to do sealed for a few days/weeks/months you wont have a problem...

as for your debate between 15's or 12's how much power are you going to be running?

ill be getting all new amps and everything too so i was think something from, aq because i have always heard they were good under rated amps but idk for sure ....what do u think would be good

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

ill be getting all new amps and everything too so i was think something from, aq because i have always heard they were good under rated amps but idk for sure ....what do u think would be good

well depending on your budget, your goals, and your avaible space and eletrical i'd say the 2200. I had one and loved it, I've used a 1200 on a boat worked great in a sealed up location and now i use a 3500.1 in my truck and still love it.

I got 546.7 watts @ 9ohms voltage dropping to 12.7

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

also this trunk set up..... my max specs are 33 front to back....40 side to side .....and 17 high.... its pretty small but ill make it work

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

well depending on your budget, your goals, and your avaible space and eletrical i'd say the 2200. I had one and loved it, I've used a 1200 on a boat worked great in a sealed up location and now i use a 3500.1 in my truck and still love it.

I got 546.7 watts @ 9ohms voltage dropping to 12.7

LOLWUT what the hell did you wire to?

Archived