Sonic Electronix

port area / sq ft for pcp ports

Does that rule still apply since its not a slot? I have 2 3" by 7" pcps from parts express, that'll tune it to 33.6 hz, but its only 4.25/ ft of port.. box is 3.3 cubic ft for 2 12 xl's... Also, is it cool to run 2 saz 3000s to 2 xl's? Or would I be better with 2 lvl 4's with a 2 saz 1500's

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

I wouldn't use PCP to make a port, the police will get ya for possession of narcotics. :lol:

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

^yeah. Just because it is round doesn't mean it is less prone to port noise. So if it isn't flared it stays at 12-16"s.

The way I understand it, a round port more effectively uses all of it's area. In a slot port, the area near the corners doesn't allow as fluid of air flow. That is why more area is suggested for square than round ports.

1) second time you mentioned drugs as a port.

2) go here http://www.psp-inc.com/tools.html

The numbers for port are dead on to doing the math on paper. I don't know how to figure flare length but they usually just have 1 extra inch added in length

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff