skittlesRgood Posted September 25, 2010 Report Posted September 25, 2010 i have one problem with "anywhere in the seating area" if i stick a meter to the top of a headrest in a walled car so the meter is directly in front of the port... so your basically putting the mic in the port. only way to be fair there is to measure every box that far away from the port. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
ahoz28 Posted September 26, 2010 Report Posted September 26, 2010 I went to one of your shows and it was one of the greatest things I have experienced, maybe I'll get a demo next time. I hope this sport keeps going.
sub2weeker Posted September 26, 2010 Author Report Posted September 26, 2010 is it louder that the headrest? ive never tried it this way id guess if you had a wall it would be. IDK.... we actually placed the meter on the back of dericks headrest facing his port and it wasnt even near as loud as on the Glass or Kick. this is spam imo, its not allowed here
Neo_frog Posted September 26, 2010 Report Posted September 26, 2010 I agree with you. It's a lot more fun to hit the "high" numbers however you can get them, competition or not. Hell, I'm sure people have posted kick scores on here just to look a little better because they were disappointed in their legal score. There should never be disappointment in that respect. An idea I had in the past was to meter in several different "standard" orientations and take the average as your score Competitor picks 3 of 5 choices as an example. While I can hit a 156 @ 39hZ on a full charge, door open, in the kick, I can only hit 150.1 @ 32 "legal" sealed up. I designed my box for daily cruising and not for tone bursts sealed up. With the window down I can play a solid 154 on music which makes me happy and my demos amazing. EDIT: Yes you read those numbers right. It's a 1:1 setup with no loading wall and a very tiny port. Rear chamber is small to control the rise. And before I get bashed for these numbers, you can do a search and read my questions about these acoustic properties a few months ago. Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
Boon Posted September 26, 2010 Report Posted September 26, 2010 I like the 'legal' definition because then you can get a direct comparison with no sneaky shit going on. If you allow the mic to be placed anywhere, people will find ways to do stuuupid scores, say by placing the mic on the back of the seat then jamming it into the port on a wall, or hard up against a woofer or something. Plus you just like Outlaw 'cos you gain like 5 dbs in the kick with the door open Just yanking your chain man 10.x volts fo' life!
sub2weeker Posted September 26, 2010 Author Report Posted September 26, 2010 i do like the the idea of doing all three locations Head rest, Glass, and kick than average the score... that to me would actually be a true "legal" score if you think about it... and I like it. but it still needs to be in front of the seat backing where your back goes just to determine the actual damage you inflict on your ears. this is spam imo, its not allowed here
n8ball2013 Posted September 26, 2010 Report Posted September 26, 2010 i dont think it was an attempt to discredit it. We all know the you can load up the kick. you really cant cheat the dash. I think headrest is the best way when you are a groundpounder. You designed it for music why would you not want to know what it is right where you sit. Port wars= the gayest thing ever in my eyes. Asking if it was a legal score is more of a way to know just how loud. a 154 legal is alot more impressive than a 154 in the kick to me. Not all numbers are created equal in that regard. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
cthedinger Posted September 26, 2010 Report Posted September 26, 2010 I like the meter in the kick with the opposite door open. I am not okay with all that mic monkey stuff tho. If you have any questions PM me or Add me on Facebook CLICK ME! Shop at ct-sounds.com Subscribe to us on YouTube
Neo_frog Posted September 26, 2010 Report Posted September 26, 2010 i do like the the idea of doing all three locations Head rest, Glass, and kick than average the score... that to me would actually be a true "legal" score if you think about it... and I like it. but it still needs to be in front of the seat backing where your back goes just to determine the actual damage you inflict on your ears. As long as there were standards for positioning in each of the spots, then regulations on dampening and inspections similars to IASCA, in my opinion would make for a pretty fun show. I think it would also be some incentive for the bassheads to learn more about acoustic properties of the vehicles in order to maximize their averages. Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
sub2weeker Posted September 26, 2010 Author Report Posted September 26, 2010 As long as there were standards for positioning in each of the spots, then regulations on dampening and inspections similars to IASCA, in my opinion would make for a pretty fun show. I think it would also be some incentive for the bassheads to learn more about acoustic properties of the vehicles in order to maximize their averages. I believe three respective positions is the way to go. and yeah the acoustic design of the vehicle makes a huge difference, kinda why i dont believe there can be even measurement from one vehicle to the other... i may have to just incorporate the Head rest, Kick and Glass and average the three scores out to determine the true SPL of the vehicle. In my eyes and in the spirit of True SPL that has to be the only true way to find out what the True potential of the vehicle is and combine all the methods together so there is actually no disputing it at all because all locations are being used and averaged. can anyone actually argue this is a bad idea? i think its a Great idea for our sport! this is spam imo, its not allowed here
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.