Sonic Electronix

Well, i suggest you not to clamp your system, you are gonna get all sad hahhaa, clamping results for daily boxes makes you wanna cry, you have a 3500 watts giving you about 2000 real watts if you are lucky, makes you wanna kick yourself on the head! :angry:

haha, ya that is true. but i still disagree that its not important for daily. lets say some one is running a sundown 1500 at 2ohm. the amp should do 800w but with 3x imp rise now it at 6ohm and its only doing 300w. well now you wire the amp to .5ohm, rise to 1.5ohm and you get about 1000w. now you have more than tripled your power for free. so even if you arnt burping, you now know that the amp isnt doing the power you thought and what you might have thought would be over powering would actually be giving correct power.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Thisvis interesting. I've seen posts where claims of larger 45svin enclosures spike the rise.

Are there any conditions to avoid?

I'm off to get bigger amps!!!

tuning and box size seem to play the biggest role in imp rise. the woofer its self also effects rise.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

haha, ya that is true. but i still disagree that its not important for daily. lets say some one is running a sundown 1500 at 2ohm. the amp should do 800w but with 3x imp rise now it at 6ohm and its only doing 300w. well now you wire the amp to .5ohm, rise to 1.5ohm and you get about 1000w. now you have more than tripled your power for free. so even if you arnt burping, you now know that the amp isnt doing the power you thought and what you might have thought would be over powering would actually be giving correct power.

Very true, but once again, if you don´t know how to measure impedance rise or it´s first time you heared about it, then you are not the guy to wire your amp to 0.5 ohms, if you have voltage drops or even setting it all clipped and with gains cranked up, we all know what´s gonna happen!!!

Also, yes, you can use impedance rise on your favor and wire your amp lower, but there´s simply some amps that just don´t like to be wired @ 0.5 ohms even if you have major rises, myself, i only wire amps below 1 ohm for burps, but once again, i´ve never used strong amps like sundown for example, this is latin america, over here you find cheaper amps only hehe, biggest amp i´ve ever had it´s the SD and there´s no reason for me to wire it below 1 ohm because my subs reach mechanical capacity about 30% of my amp capacity hehe, i bought it just thinking on the future, hell, i don´t even know why i´m talking about me hahaha,sorry for the off topic, yes impedance rise is a bitch and yes, Soundigital rules!!! hehehhe,cheers...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

this is a burp mentality

the impedance changes with frequency. say that at one point your impedance raises to 6 ohms. at another point it may not raise much at all say .2 from nominal load. so here you are wired at one ohm everything is fine and someone online says "wire it to .5, with rise itll be over 1 ohm"

well now you play a song and it rises to 4 ohms on one note (2 ohm decrease from before) but on another note it only goes up to .6 ohm.

this WILL lead to issues. dynamic impedance caused by music cannot and should not be compensated for. end of story

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

this is a burp mentality

the impedance changes with frequency. say that at one point your impedance raises to 6 ohms. at another point it may not raise much at all say .2 from nominal load. so here you are wired at one ohm everything is fine and someone online says "wire it to .5, with rise itll be over 1 ohm"

well now you play a song and it rises to 4 ohms on one note (2 ohm decrease from before) but on another note it only goes up to .6 ohm.

this WILL lead to issues. dynamic impedance caused by music cannot and should not be compensated for. end of story

Thank you!

Saying what I've been trying to all along, only without lots of swearing and anger like me!

:drinks:

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Very true, but once again, if you don´t know how to measure impedance rise or it´s first time you heared about it, then you are not the guy to wire your amp to 0.5 ohms, if you have voltage drops or even setting it all clipped and with gains cranked up, we all know what´s gonna happen!!!

Also, yes, you can use impedance rise on your favor and wire your amp lower, but there´s simply some amps that just don´t like to be wired @ 0.5 ohms even if you have major rises, myself, i only wire amps below 1 ohm for burps, but once again, i´ve never used strong amps like sundown for example, this is latin america, over here you find cheaper amps only hehe, biggest amp i´ve ever had it´s the SD and there´s no reason for me to wire it below 1 ohm because my subs reach mechanical capacity about 30% of my amp capacity hehe, i bought it just thinking on the future, hell, i don´t even know why i´m talking about me hahaha,sorry for the off topic, yes impedance rise is a bitch and yes, Soundigital rules!!! hehehhe,cheers...

i know, thats why i used the sundown as an example. we all know it can take .5ohm

this is a burp mentality

first, impedance rises in multiples. if you have 2x rise at 40hz then at 2ohm you rise to 4ohm. you wont have a rise of .2ohm above 1ohm. if you can prove that wrong id LOVE to know what you have done lol.

measuring your impedance curve will tell you your point of lowest rise. everything else will be more rise than that. set for that amount of rise and your golden. im not saying that rise can save an amp, because it wont. my example in the last post is something i have done before and benefited greatly from. and yes, on music. by rewiring my subs i gained 5db. went from 1000w to 3000w. you can NOT tell me it wont matter or make a difference or its nothing to care about. i cared about it, it made a difference.

you could even think about how we "over power" subs. are we really? or is that 2000w amp only giving 800w to the 1000w sub?

lastly, by measuring and caring about rise you can make a box with lower rise across the band.

sorry for the ranting, im bored and have nothing better to do lol. but working on my imp rise is the only reason i am as loud as i am. thats why i care about it.

The best way to reduce your "average" rise across the spectrum would be to drop your nominal load as far as possible with efficient wiring (which will be negligible). Rise relies highly on motor force and mechanical compliance of the sub and acoustic properties of your box. If you're not willing to change these things (or even learn the details) then you are SOL.

You could use a bandpass to control it, but you'd be making trade-offs with your final reproduction because you worried about something unimportant.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

The best way to reduce your "average" rise across the spectrum would be to drop your nominal load as far as possible with efficient wiring (which will be negligible). Rise relies highly on motor force and mechanical compliance of the sub and acoustic properties of your box. If you're not willing to change these things (or even learn the details) then you are SOL.

You could use a bandpass to control it, but you'd be making trade-offs with your final reproduction because you worried about something unimportant.

Bandpass has less rise than a regular vented box?

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Bandpass has less rise than a regular vented box?

Not necessarily. This is just like asking if bandpass is LOUDER than ported. It can be, but it's all based on TS and box specs. There's just more availability for control.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I may be talking crazy, but I think battling imp rise is out of our hands. It is something that has to be tackled at the engineering stage. I'm assume that why JL's and now Rockford make constant power across the board. I don't know who else I'm leaving out like Alpine.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX