hey there

am a new member that is seeking some help lol

i am planing on hooking my lancer evolution '08 with a seibon carbon fiber hood and trunk

then i want to wrap my doors with some carbon fiber wrap, but i want something that looks like the hood and the trunk

this is a sample of the hood

seibonevoxtshood1.jpg

trunk

IMG00299_20100210_1603.sized.jpg

most of the wraps i so are matte they dont have the gloss

hope you people can help me

actual carbon fiber, or a decal of carbon fiber? IMO, I wouldnt wrap your metal doors with a carbon fiber overlay. just a matter of time till it seperates from the door skin. especially doors. there so thin that the metal expands and contracts like crazy in the summer. the only way I would even attempt it would be if you have fiberglass doors. then it wouldnt be difficult. and the gloss you see is usually the epoxy resin they use to seal the fiber. other than that, if your talking about a decal, you may not find one that matches the glossiness of the hood or trunk since the resin gives it that real deep look.

edit: or you can do what loudcivic has and outright buy the doors in CF...and chris, some companies are cheap so they will make the hood out of glass and overlay it with carbon fiber. that way the hood wont end up being a shitload of money cuz CF aint cheap.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

actual carbon fiber, or a decal of carbon fiber? IMO, I wouldnt wrap your metal doors with a carbon fiber overlay. just a matter of time till it seperates from the door skin. especially doors. there so thin that the metal expands and contracts like crazy in the summer. the only way I would even attempt it would be if you have fiberglass doors. then it wouldnt be difficult. and the gloss you see is usually the epoxy resin they use to seal the fiber. other than that, if your talking about a decal, you may not find one that matches the glossiness of the hood or trunk since the resin gives it that real deep look.

edit: or you can do what loudcivic has and outright buy the doors in CF...and chris, some companies are cheap so they will make the hood out of glass and overlay it with carbon fiber. that way the hood wont end up being a shitload of money cuz CF aint cheap.

the thing is that am willing to install the fiber or carbon fiber doors but from what i heard that when your driving you would hear some air flowing from the sides of the doors

and the doors would be standard from inside

the thing i want is to get an end result like this

modp_1005_01_o+2008_evolution_x_gsr+evo.jpg

if you want that effect you will need the get the front and back carbon fiber doors. unless you just paint them black and call it a day

if i got the real carbon fiber doors would i be able to have the inside part normal, like the electronics in the doors and the fabrics ?

i know this is a track racing car but my concern is about the door like i dont want it like this

modp_1005_10_o+2008_evolution_x_gsr+interior.jpg

if i got the real carbon fiber doors would i be able to have the inside part normal, like the electronics in the doors and the fabrics ?

i know this is a track racing car but my concern is about the door like i dont want it like this

modp_1005_10_o+2008_evolution_x_gsr+interior.jpg

Probably not. CF doors aren't just for looks..And you better have some power to back up your looks or you're going to get a lot of negative input.

might you want to try to paint ur doors so they look like carbon fiber? you could just spray black and then a silver that matches the silver in ur hood and trunk CF and use a big checkerboard mask to create the same effect

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

You would probably have more luck here (link below). I doubt many people on here have much experience with what you are asking. But if it was me I would use the door skin as a form and then take rigid cf OFF. Then remove the spot welds holding metal door skinn to door frame and replace it with the CF skin. It would be alot of work. But the people on fiberglass forum would probably know best.

My link

96 IMPALA SS

Pioneer DEH-P8600MP H/U

Pioneer TS-C160R 6.5"

Pioneer TS-D690R 6x9"

JBL GTO755.6II

Stinger spdh-10 cap

100sqft. Fatmat

AQ 3500d

18" FI BTL 7cuft 35Hz

Archived