What kind of adhesive do you use that actually works? Ive tried every kit that my local autoparts store carrys. I clean'd the area properly and even gave it 3 weeks to cure one time. Tried glue'n it in a different spot even, Nope fuckr falls after 2 minutes of music! I only have 2 12's... And I see all kinds of videos with people that have 4 18's and still have their rear view so wtf??. I do have a caddy and its an autodimming mirror so it is a little heavy. Maybe I have to use a regular mirror? Anyways a link to some shit that actually works would be lovely. Or some advice/tips? Thanks

Rebuild in progress...

What kind of adhesive do you use that actually works? Ive tried every kit that my local autoparts store carrys. I clean'd the area properly and even gave it 3 weeks to cure one time. Tried glue'n it in a different spot even, Nope fuckr falls after 2 minutes of music! I only have 2 12's... And I see all kinds of videos with people that have 4 18's and still have their rear view so wtf??. I do have a caddy and its an autodimming mirror so it is a little heavy. Maybe I have to use a regular mirror? Anyways a link to some shit that actually works would be lovely. Or some advice/tips? Thanks

gorrillia glue?

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Permatex-Rear-view-mirror-adhesive/_/N-25up?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=rear+view+mirror+adhesive&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=526780_0_0_

Use that. If you follow directions and let it cure, it will actually be stronger than the glass. Meaning if your mirror falls off, it's gonna bring a chunk of the windshield down with it ;) I use it all the time at work, hasn't failed once out of about 500 different cars. O'Reillys has it too, just make sure it is Permatex brand. Not the knockoff shit they sell.

try some ca glue maybe? I don't have that problem, my mirror bolts to the ceiling :pardon:

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

That sucks. My mirror in my Mustang kept falling off with just one 10" sub. I went to Wal-mart and bought some Mirror Glue, and it stayed on.

yeah some of the cheaper stuff at the auto parts also will work just gotta prep it good and let it dry and should be G2G

i bought my last kit at FREDS of all places.. cheap as crap. Heres the thing that i think helped the most: I didn't tighten the screw back down in it. The mirror wobbles around like nuts but never comes off. I do have to give it a finger tighten every now and then cause the screw backs itself out completely.

I'm with the OP on this one... I can't freakin' find one that will hold either.

I believe I have tried that Permatex brand before and even then... off it comes. With low frequencies there is no problem (just the wobble)- it is the higher stuff that knocks mine off every time- like 50hz and up.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.