Directed hooked me up =)

are they actually going to give a user access to directechs.

Elaborate? I know we have a like "admin" page that we can add installers to for directechs access.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

the avg joe schmoe cant access directechs. say a guy like me who has installed before and can do his own alarm if he has the manual in front of him. ( cant remember the wire colors off the alarm) Would I be able to log in to directechs for a one time thing to pull wire colors?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Nope, thankfully, but Nate you can give me a call

I was at their training also, I didn't find anything that wasn't covered without day to day operations of doing remote start installs

as for not shipping instructions, it is just one way for them to try and stop online sales, but seeing that the systems come from shops, how hard is it to have the shop selling it on ebay to ship the instructions

Also i do want to mention they ship the basic wire diagram of the unit with the unit, so those that know what a GWA or disarm wire is, can obviously figure it out

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

BTW Shyne, we had pizza and it stunk so damn bad... i ate the salad, jealous of the steak dinner... ;)

damn man Id love to get one of those 5902 for free! thats a nice grab. sounds like directed takes care of there dealers.

Nope, thankfully, but Nate you can give me a call

I was at their training also, I didn't find anything that wasn't covered without day to day operations of doing remote start installs

as for not shipping instructions, it is just one way for them to try and stop online sales, but seeing that the systems come from shops, how hard is it to have the shop selling it on ebay to ship the instructions

Also i do want to mention they ship the basic wire diagram of the unit with the unit, so those that know what a GWA or disarm wire is, can obviously figure it out

dont mean to get off topic but, that totally sucks! I can understand them cutting down on internet sales cuz its way cheaper and brings more business to shops, but if I go to an authorized dealer and buy the alarm from them, can I still get the instructions from them? or does directed only want there dealers installing it. Personally, shyne has helped me numerous times with my questions on alarms and it was definitely appreciated; but I like to know exactly whats going into my car and how its being hooked up. thats why I do it myself. and I know my local shops aren't doing it the way Id like it to be done.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

SmartStart getting added tomorrow :) The company I work for is buying it and a year of service for me, as long as I let them use my car in a commercial. I had a lucky week, haha.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

damn man Id love to get one of those 5902 for free! thats a nice grab. sounds like directed takes care of there dealers.

dont mean to get off topic but, that totally sucks! I can understand them cutting down on internet sales cuz its way cheaper and brings more business to shops, but if I go to an authorized dealer and buy the alarm from them, can I still get the instructions from them? or does directed only want there dealers installing it. Personally, shyne has helped me numerous times with my questions on alarms and it was definitely appreciated; but I like to know exactly whats going into my car and how its being hooked up. thats why I do it myself. and I know my local shops aren't doing it the way Id like it to be done.

Not just the internet, but greener... they had to make the tree huggers happy, after all they are burning more gas waiting for the car to warm up and the ozone is depleting... the polar ice caps are melting, the sun is running out of hydrogen, the earth is aligning with Jupiter... etc...

I have no problem with do it yourself installs, some people do a good job, and some don't... I seen both in my time... hell I even see stuff that has an alarm on it that shouldn't

• 2 months later...

I am still confused on this...

I'm going to be buying a 5901 soon, I have never installed an alarm myself, but I am confident with some color coded wiring stuff (both in the car and on the alarm stuff) I could do it myself... What you are saying is that the Viper manufacturer no longer let's it's buyers access any sort of instalation materials? Not even online?

An authorized installed basically needs to do the work??

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

I am still confused on this...

I'm going to be buying a 5901 soon, I have never installed an alarm myself, but I am confident with some color coded wiring stuff (both in the car and on the alarm stuff) I could do it myself... What you are saying is that the Viper manufacturer no longer let's it's buyers access any sort of instalation materials? Not even online?

An authorized installed basically needs to do the work??

Correct. They did it to combat internet sales and as an effort to be a "greener" company.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

They use the same wire colors for all there remote systems, I have the memorized by now, brown - brake wire, blue/white - status output, red/white -trunk, redwhite- redblack-red are all going to 12 volts, blah blah blah, so no manual is not a big deal. I love viper, they saved me 4000 dollars from a break in on my car while I was at work, the guy stealing my stuff didnt expect me to walk up and start swearing my head at him, ha ha

EDIT** also depends on what harness the brown wire is from, the super thin one is the brake wire, the thiker one is for the horn :P

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Archived