Sonic Electronix

Plastic bag noise being made by sub

vids?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

ah i wanted to see how hard your system is hitting :( and wow wtf i thought sundowns go thru like 100mill tests to make sure nothings wrong lol

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

When you hear that noise, like a paper bag over your port, that means one of two things, you either need more port, or you have an air leak. Good to know it was just something simple though.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

No vids. The problem actually came back and it's actually the dust cap hitting the cone.

Wait, really? Most likely the last couple of loops on your coil came unwound. it might look like this

DSCF1321.jpg

Okay, maybe not that bad, but you get the point. :pardon:

Or, yeah, could just be a loose dust cap, a little CA glue or gorilla glue along the dust cap would work then.

Edited by lAutruche

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

If your dust cap is loose all you need to do is glue it back, no need to send it to Jacob to fix.

The whole thing is just a little off centered and looks like it's coming off. Is there a way for me to safely pull it off to re glue it more centered?

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

Are they a paper/card dustcap or plastic?

If they're plastic you can go around it really carefully with a razor blade, you just want to break the glue between the cone and the cap, not cut either. Then clean off as much of the glue as you can, scuff up both surfaces a bit then glue it back on.

But yeah, sounds like an air leak. The dustcap is not an entirely uncommon place to get one either.

EDIT: You can even re-glue it in place. Just get a tube of that very liquid clear superglue with the super fine tip and run it around the edge of the dustcap. Capillary action will pull it into any holes.

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!