motor mount stripped out. pictures are up

and about a month ago the bottom one broke and i picked out the chunk and tightened the bolts down back in. the bottom one would actually tighten as well.

that's the problem right there. it doesn't matter if you thought it tightened all the way, it had a huge chunk of threads missing so I'm almost certain the vibrations made that bolt back out (even just a hair) which lead to only 1 bolt being used and it just couldnt hold the weight

I would go with the spare block. go to honda and buy the proper oem bolts and use them. you're going to have to pull the engine anyways if you're going to tap the 1 hole you have. then the same problem will happen because you still have half of a hole missing

that's the problem right there. it doesn't matter if you thought it tightened all the way, it had a huge chunk of threads missing so I'm almost certain the vibrations made that bolt back out (even just a hair) which lead to only 1 bolt being used and it just couldnt hold the weight

I would go with the spare block. go to honda and buy the proper oem bolts and use them. you're going to have to pull the engine anyways if you're going to tap the 1 hole you have. then the same problem will happen because you still have half of a hole missing

but the thing is, i dont have the finances to swap blocks right now. i cant even afford the damn helicoil kit lol i just need a temporary fix that will get me through the next 3 months. so im just going to drop the motor enough to drill out and retap the holes. throw in some helicoils and throw some coarser threaded bolts in.

shit, i just need a damn car to drive lol i want to do the cheapest, most reliable fix possible. swapping blocks right now will cost a little more than i can afford, but in reality, its only going to have to last me until january while i drive like a grandma lol

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

He broke part of the motor mount first because he didn't put all his motor mounts on and was powershifting it racing me and snapped it off... his time the bolt and aluminum block couldn't handle the load, the bolt is have snapped in partially in half, and bent... The threads are non-existant in the block... I already told him to retap the block with a larger bolt and this time threadlock them in... and part all his motor mounts on this time <_<

It'll be my brother or I fixing it so we got it handled...

IMG00765-20101005-1414.jpg

IMG00766-20101005-1446.jpg

IMG00769-20101005-1447.jpg

Edited by wL<3bass

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

which mounts weren't installed? you don't need the front 2 torque mounts as long as the other 3 aren't complete crap. people run only 3 mounts with 500-600hp.

if you want to go ghetto, try to find a really cheap strut tower bar off of CL or something, retap the holes, insert new bolts, then throw a ratchet strap around the mount and strut tower bar to be safe

edit: yeah for now you should reinstall the torque mounts

Edited by doug118

That we, as in I took the old one out and my brother put the new one in... and yes it is...

My YouTube Videos

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

which mounts weren't installed? you don't need the front 2 torque mounts as long as the other 3 aren't complete crap. people run only 3 mounts with 500-600hp.

if you want to go ghetto, try to find a really cheap strut tower bar off of CL or something, retap the holes, insert new bolts, then throw a ratchet strap around the mount and strut tower bar to be safe

edit: yeah for now you should reinstall the torque mounts

im going with solid torque mounts on the drivers side to keep so weight up off the mount. going to look into what size taps and bolts to get tomorrow and hopefully i'll have the motor held in there by sometime early next week.

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

is this the same car dat u changed the engine on not that long ago

yes it is. if 115 ft/lbs of torque is too much for these motors, then theres something wrong.. lol i couldnt have done much when the lower bolt hole broke. so i had this coming to me i suppose. but fuck it. i've been waiting for something like this to happen so i can get my lsvtec or b20v lol

That we, as in I took the old one out and my brother put the new one in... and yes it is...

i get no credit for anything? wasnt it me and luke working on this thing for around 8 straight hours until 6am putting the motor in while you and elijah were fucking around my garage cutting shit with bolt cutters? lol

Who got it out? Me... Who hauled it? Me... Yeah you helped but I'm tried of never getting credit for anything, by anyone. /rant

My YouTube Videos