Sundown Audio

1x SA-8 w/ SPL Coil : 151.6 dB Outlaw

SA-8 D2 w/ Aluminum SPL Coil -- I had a thread about the idea here :

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53745

151.6 passenger side kick measurement at 68 Hz.

We haven't re-clamped since moving stuff around but it was clamping 1670 watts yesterday at 151.0 dB -- HU volume hasn't changed, we simply moved stuff around so we are assuming power isn't a whole lot different.

We are going to get another video soon as well... we got a 152.2 in the driver side kick panel. Haven't had time to do a video just yet.

Edited by sundownz

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

That's sick Jacob!! How much are the spl coils for the sa-10's?

1999 Chevy S102 Sundown Zv3-10's1 Sundown saz-4500d2 sets of Sundown CS6.5 Comps. (Doors)

2 10" Sundown NeoPro 10's (Doors)1/0 KnuKonceptz - Power x2- Ground- Big 3

300 Amp External Regulated Excessive Amperage Alt

147.8 Sealed Mic on Windshiled148 30sec. Average Drivers Door open Mic on Windshield

Check Out my YouTube Channel --->>> http://www.youtube.com/user/dmntyo2007?feature=guidehttp://www.stevemead...ld-competition/

who listens to music at 68hz?

if you ask me its pointless

Sure is lucky we didn't ask you :drink40: Seriously, though, someone ALWAYS has to be "that guy" in every SPL thread...

It's for a specific SPL competition organization... actually the results we are getting a very useful in product development as well.

Edited by sundownz

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

who listens to music at 68hz?

if you ask me its pointless

obviously you dont compete and are too inexperienced to understand how crazy this is. and thats fine, but keep you mouth shut. i would be VERY insulted if i put in all the work to get a score like this off of an 8" sub and someone told me it was pointless.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I understand that there are people that really don't care about SPL, that is totally fine! That also doesn't mean you need to dump on SPL. I like to drive cars... but I don't drag race -- but I don't call drag racers stupid and pointless.

This type of thing fuels product development... the need for an 8" driver that could hold up to this type of thing is WHY I made the SA-8. I have pages and pages of data from the last two days of testing that I will be using to keep making the SA-8 better for everyone -- whether they do SPL burps or not.

If you don't like this discussion then stop reading it. I will delete any further silly comments.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

obviously you dont compete and are too inexperienced to understand how crazy this is. and thats fine, but keep you mouth shut. i would be VERY insulted if i put in all the work to get a score like this off of an 8" sub and someone told me it was pointless.

No actually i do compete and yea its an 8" sub cool. but i have never seen the point of posting score up that high when the bass line in songs isn't that high. Also its not a sealed legal dash score. Also what vehicle is this? a CRX?

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

^^^^^^^^^ This.....no one does listen to music at 68hrtz. But to put up a number like that with an 8" sub is crazy! props to OP for sure!!! :drinks:

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com