Possible Cone Area Challenge

what about custom woofers? Say I made some with 4 foot by 8 foot diaphrams with a bunch of coils on the backside?

Take some machine work to line it all up but oh well :popcorn:

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

ok so you guys can get an understanding of where im coming with this type of competition check out these old school vehicles from back in the day. old timer might remember them? i personally havent seen them in person because im new school but i want to bring this back. its what made audio in the first place.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=245002&id=704962744&l=7f61941352#!/album.php?aid=245002&id=704962744&page=2

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Great idea hank!! this may make me want to change my origional plans :)

:drinks:

sounds like a ton of cancellation.

Perfect example of the young bloods currently out there that think they know everything and then some..... LOL

Obviously you dont know Mr. Sam Horn, or even heard of him if you think it had tons of cancellation issues.

You can thank him for this lovely thing called Bassrace iirc, and also started the spl max cup.

It just seemed like you were wanting to have the main focus be cone area, rather than anything else. Hence the suggestion. Either way, I like the idea.

And yeah, 6 10s in a trunk could be pretty nuts.

A couple things I just thought of.

1. In the NW style classes, are modifications above the window line or in front of b-pillar allowed? Something like your roof.

2. Mic placement. Limited to only in front of the b-pillar? Someone could have a bunch of 4" aeros and put the mics in them. Yes, the frequency would probably be higher, but still. Possibly limited to just kick, dash or headrest.

Just a few ideas.

i have a cool trophy idea though for it. use cones with dustcaps with the sponsor and what place you got on it. something simple.

18" cone - 1st place

15" cone - 2nd place

12" cone - 3rd place

10" cone - 4th place

8" cone - 5th place

obviously this would be in a planning stage. would have to find manufacturers that would help support it. maybe see if they will give discounts on equipment for this type of build but require you to sign something stating you will go to the show. obviously need 1 show to prove its worthy of being done. there are tons of huge builds out there just nobody gets to see them.

i think the only modification in front of b pillar should be like door pods/kick pods and like a pillar pods. mdf roof and stuff should not be considered in a no wall setup. but like mids and highs stuff that shouldnt matter.

just no subwoofers or ports in front of b pillar. i dont want there to be alot of rules because thats what makes competing gay to begin with.

i like the 2 mic placement better because someone might be WAY WAY louder in the kick vs the dash. so i think trying to make a stereo louder all around the cab would be more impressive because you dont drive with your head in the kick or dash. but i think maybe keep it so u have a mic at the headrest and u can choose between the kick or dash because some people are louder either way.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Great idea hank!! this may make me want to change my origional plans :)

:drinks:

Perfect example of the young bloods currently out there that think they know everything and then some..... LOL

Obviously you dont know Mr. Sam Horn, or even heard of him if you think it had tons of cancellation issues.

You can thank him for this lovely thing called Bassrace iirc, and also started the spl max cup.

thank you. my dear god thank you. This thread brought me back to this topic

http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/48/619.html

there are some nostalgic names on that list there. Id bet my house that 95 percent of the members here can't name anyone besides alma gates(hell if they can even do that) Look who started that topic too.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived