Second Skin Audio

subwoofer enclosure design

i really dont know how to get more port area ... it makes my tuning go sky high >.< can someone help me make this damn box lol

you make the port WIDER, then make the port LONGER to get the tuning back down, then make the box BIGGER in whatever way is best to get the internal volume back up.

This stuff really isn't that hard..

Also, you want your common walls to be 3, not 2.

box1r.png

this is what im trying to make how deep do i make the port and then how long across do i make it ? the calculator only shows one length so i dont know what to do there im really new to this and this is my first time sorry for being so dumb :-//

box1r.png

this is what im trying to make how deep do i make the port and then how long across do i make it ? the calculator only shows one length so i dont know what to do there im really new to this and this is my first time sorry for being so dumb :-//

If you're doing that you need to be figuring it as 2 boxes anyways. where the 2 boxe's ports meet up in the middle (and add their port area together.) in which case, you should still be using 3 common walls.

If you're doing that you need to be figuring it as 2 boxes anyways. where the 2 boxe's ports meet up in the middle (and add their port area together.) in which case, you should still be using 3 common walls.

actually it should be 2 common walls in the calc. just for the difference in port volume due to the amounts of wood being used

2x10at36hz.jpg

14" tall external. 1.28 cubes per sub, 36 hz tuning.

Thank you soo much this is exactly what i need !!! hopefully i can try and learn more as i go so i dont have this problem in the future ... this is why my first box was sealed i just made it to the subwoofer spec size and boom .... the porting and tuning is all very new to me ... THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH !!!!!11

1 looking at hardware to build this thing ( the better way ) my last box i used coarse thread screws ... what would be the best type of screw for the box ?

2 going to be using ss bolts for the terminals and was wondering how i would make those seal so i get no leaks or is that not a problem ?

3. i am thinking about using t-nuts to secure the subwoofer in and will i have an issue of making a good seal with those ?

1 looking at hardware to build this thing ( the better way ) my last box i used coarse thread screws ... what would be the best type of screw for the box ?

2 going to be using ss bolts for the terminals and was wondering how i would make those seal so i get no leaks or is that not a problem ?

3. i am thinking about using t-nuts to secure the subwoofer in and will i have an issue of making a good seal with those ?

1: I have always heard and always used coarse thread drywall screws work best. I have also heard some people use deck screws but I haven't ever done that. Either way, pre drill.

2: You could always caulk over them on the inside if you don't plan on changing the wires or would could use washers, possibly with a rubber washer on this inside (against the wood), or O-rings or something. anything would work. I personally just use washers.

3: I have heard of people doing that and it should work fine as long as you can tighten it down all the way. If your subs don't have a foam or rubber seal type thing on the bottom of the mounting ring then I would suggest getting some weather stripping and sticking it to the bottom to create a good seal.

Archived