Second Skin Audio

Need Help on what 10" subs to get and amps

JORDEN_23

Aq makes great amps and are very useful to noobs like me. its simple when the clipping light comes on turn the volume down. With other amps you need to know exactly how to set your gains otherwise your never truly know if your clippin... :ehh:

mJzD9.png

Focal makes a great product. I know that. I have not seen one of Crutchfields catalogs in years, did not even know they started carrying decent products so I retract part of my statement. I was just saying that the customer service you get with a smaller company is great if you need it. Also being in the wrong hands is going to lead to failure but that goes for anything not just audio equipment. Under proper use I would take smaller brands over mainstream any day of the week. Just my opinion.

i could name numberous times where small internet companies dicked people around having to do with product warranty

I wasn't yelling at u I would love your help and suggestions and advice...

well obviously the first goal would be to actually get the car....lol.

but what i would recommend for 10s would either be the AQ HDs (i love these little guys) or some SA 10s with an AQ2200. stock alt would be fine with an extra battery in the back. and if you decide to be really ballsy add another AQ2200 later. im currently listening to an AQ HD10A on an AQ2200 and its handling it well....for now, lol. im not a fan of plexiglass in a build but thats just a personal preference. $3000 is A LOT for what you want to do, most of the money i see being spent on try after try after try of getting your install correctly.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I would say two DC level 4 10's, and for the amp, check out the sundown saz-3000d or a crescendo 3000 watt amp. The 3000 watt crescendo is almost identical to the 3000 watt sundown. Stetsom amps may be a good one to look at too, they're loud and they have a clipping light. As for the components, check out rainbow speakers. They have speakers from $300 - $10000, and they sound great. But like everyone else is saying, if you don't install it right, it won't sound good and you can damage your equipment.

My bass is louder than your mom...

DC Level 4 15" with Level XL soft parts

Planet Audio BB2400.1

Pioneer DEH-6000UB Head Unit

950 amp Kinetic Battery

well obviously the first goal would be to actually get the car....lol.

but what i would recommend for 10s would either be the AQ HDs (i love these little guys) or some SA 10s with an AQ2200. stock alt would be fine with an extra battery in the back. and if you decide to be really ballsy add another AQ2200 later. im currently listening to an AQ HD10A on an AQ2200 and its handling it well....for now, lol. im not a fan of plexiglass in a build but thats just a personal preference. $3000 is A LOT for what you want to do, most of the money i see being spent on try after try after try of getting your install correctly.

I was reading threw the rest of the posts cuz this is what i was going to say. Is 2 sa-10's and an audioque 2200 d. or if u want to spend more, go with 2 dc level4 xl's and an audioque 3500. both setups would sound great.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

Archived