Sundown Audio

Amp won't power on

Going off factory cd player. Have everything hooked up correctly or so I believe. Well ran remote wire to the fuse box with the fuse for the audio system/ onstar and the amp powered on. but when I hopped out the truck to go to the back of truck I tripped over remote wire n it snapped n I blew the fuse .well I replaced the burnt fuse n remote wire and amp powered on once again, but this time as I was hiding the remote wire the amp cut off and I haven't been able to get it to power on since. The internals of amp look fine so I know it's not blown. So what could my problem be ?

JUGGERNAUT DA ASSO

lolwut? you lost me......but uhhh check your grounds? and see if the wires pinched

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

last time i checked the remote wire was a positive wire. You were running that wire near the chassis of the car while the amp was turned on. You could shorted the wire and blew a fuse on the amp. Check the amp?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

thats what i would do. put your remote wire to youe head unit. and possible when you were hiding it maybe if you movied somehting it could have pinched the wire causing it to short out? also if you blew a fuse on your remote wire. maybe you could have blew the fuse on your 12v also?

Veng.

do you have a DMM? if so, set it to check impedance and put a probe on each end of your remote wire if you can. That will tell you if there's a break in the remote line, which will help you narrow it down. or just put it to volts dc and test the remote wire at the amp for power. Even doing something like taking out your dome light bulb and seeing if you can get it to turn on with the remote wire would work.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

I'd check the remote wire for sure, sounds like it's shorting somewhere. I did the same thing kind of once, had it all working then when I put the interior back together I pinched the remote and grounded it out and the amp wouldn't turn on. So check that first.

pgsig.png