Need Box Design Willing To Pay $80 For Plans

kinscsi

Some of these young'uns think they can do both SQ AND SPL :blink:

You should update your sig with what your truck looks like now sir. ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

the guy is asking for a box design..i think its safe to say he is not going to be tweeking and testing ;) so no go on the 150

Awww come on, anyone can build that 150 box the first time right?

You hit the nail on the head with this one.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

eh not really... its all on the tl they dont use something different for different events so a 150 is a 150. i think you meant to say the 150db bassracer will be louder than the 150db burper

That is what I said....

A 150db bassrace score is louder then a 150db burp...

and the reason for that is because you must play music during bass race for 30 seconds. Its not one constant 1 tone beep like a burp. example is if the first second on the run you hit a 100 db, and the 2nd second you dont hit nothing, your only at 50 db and so on. So it divides it all up for your final average score. So being a bassraces it takes more effort to put out a big number.

More info at the rules if I didnt explain it too good. http://www.termpro.com/dbdrag/rules/index.asp?Page=3

Guest MegaloManiac

WTF!! is that the DD Z!!!

edit: i'll tell you one thing it takes a LOT of power to get them loud & you are going to have a hell of a time fitting an 18 in a jetta.

ok..... now your talking, thats a badass sub right there.

Megalo, it would be easy to fit that 18 in a jetta trunk, They (jetta's) have huge trunks.

for burp's its gonna take some testing to figure out what is the loudest configuration, sub forward and port forward are usually the loudest if they can be 100% sealed off from the trunk.

if thats a 18 build a 2 cube sealed box and place the box in the trunk, give it 100 watts RMS run a sweep while metering the car and find your peak freq, then take the box and move it around to differrent places each time you move it sweep it agian, write down your peak freq's and what position the box was in, that will give you base points from various locations in the trunk.

burping is all about testing, and retesting, music is different, its dynamic, freq's are allways changing so that makes other things change, with burps there are constants, you just have to figure them out, then figure out how to make the constants LOUDER.

Kin what type of design do you want to build for your Trunk>>>?? Do you just want a basic slot ported box?? Or what?? I see you have a new sub..DD z series 18 correct? Is that the sub you want for the box you need?

Guest MegaloManiac

Megalo, it would be easy to fit that 18 in a jetta trunk, They (jetta's) have huge trunks.

i dont know man, judgin by the pic jettas look a bit small compared to other trunks. he probally is going to have to build in the trunk if anything. cause kenny from ca.com had a fi 18" btl in his montecarlo(i think it was a carlo) he had to glass the spare and build box over that just to get enough space. but since this is going to be just a farting beast it may work.

Posted Image

also i realize you are a jetta owner so you should know more about it then me.

Archived